Watlisted for 2016

Would it be fair to assume not many come off waitlist for BW? Does anyone know how many they waitlisted for this upcoming freshman class?

Yes, @sondheim, students do get off the WL. Maybe @kategrizz can chime in and give you her thoughts on this.

@sondheim - CONGRATULATIONS!!

My D came off the WL and now attends BW - so she is living proof that it’s a possibility - she thinks that there are 4 of them in her class that came up from the WL? She’s not sure - because - once you are in, you are in - there has been no distinction that she came to the program with a pause on the WL vs kids that were outright accepted. I just had this convo with her this morning (she’s home on break this week) and she has no idea about the number of kids from the WL in any of the other classes - just the vague inkling about her own.

Definitely I advise you to investigate your “birds in the hand” accepts, and narrow down to a first choice - but if you can, delay making a commitment until that magical May 1st date!

I do believe that once BW has filled their class that they do notify you if you are not going to be pulled off the WL - so you don’t hang in limbo forever. I know that other kids my D’s year got notifications like that at about the same time as she got her offer.

@kategrizz Helpful info!!! Thank you.

@sondheim My understanding from the email my daughter got was that last year 20 in the conservatory were wait listed and 7 came off. Not sure if those were just MT, but from the wording I believe it is the entire music conservatory. My daughter is also wait listed.

@stmama that’s kinda what I got from the email also but not sure

Best to you in this process

@sstmama @sondheim those are complete conservatory numbers - I remember from our letter. Good luck to you!!

My D is wait listed to for MT

A boy we know was just offered a BFA MT spot off this year’s wait list yesterday.