Ways to demonstrate interest?

I’m a huge fan of GW and want to let the school know how interested in them I am, what are some ways to show interest like this. As far as I can tell GW doesn’t offer interviews. Is this true?

Even if they offer them, per their common data set (you can Google it), they don’t consider interviews in admission decisions. They do consider interest, so here are a few things:

• Get on their admissions email list. Open the emails they send you.
  • Visit if you can, go on the tour.
  • If they come to a college fair near you, stop by their table and sign in.
  • If they have an admissions event in your area, attend it.
  • Not sure if they have a why GW essay as a supplemental essay on their app, but do a bang up job on it if they do.
  • After applying, open your portal to check status regularly. They notice.

Be sure to display the images when reading email from the college.

When writing GWU-specific essays, especially a “why GWU?” type of essay if that is used, be sure to show interest in aspects unique to GWU, not just those shared with other, more selective schools like Georgetown.

Is there a why GW essay anymore? I didn’t write one?

follow on social media. Find out whom your admissions rep is, and if possible see them at a college fair or event, and afterwards to be sure to send a thank you.

Can you go overboard with interest? I know this might sound ridiculous but can you seem desperate to a college?

@NYtoDC I’d say it’s impossible to display too much interest. You could possibly annoy the admissions folks by calling every day when it comes to decision time, but that’s probably it.

I see thanks a lot for the help!

Unless they changed from last year, they don’t offer interviews as my son asked when they came to a local college fair (the rep said they get just too many applications). My other thought is to take the virtual tour, go online and request “more information,” and if you have solid stats, go the extra mile and apply for the honors program when you apply. There are a couple of extra essays (3 short ones I think?) but it shows that you went above and beyond. Even if you don’t get into the honors program, admissions sees that you took the time and did more than the minimum which definitely conveys interest.