We need a 3PM shuttle to BHM airport on Dec 13

<p>For those who have exams till 2:00PM on December 13th it will be difficult to catch the 2:00PM shuttle to the airport. If you have a flight that leaves BHM during the 5:00 - 7:00PM window it may be too late if you take the 5:00PM shuttle. Therefore I request all parents and students who are placed in the above situation to please send email to Julie Elmore at <a href=“mailto:jelmore@sa.ua.edu”>jelmore@sa.ua.edu</a> requesting a shuttle at 3:00PM. If seven or more people make such a request she said that she make that happen.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Email sent.</p>

<p>Ooo, do you think we could do the same for a 4am shuttle on the Tue before Thanksgiving? Got a 6:30 am southwest flight for my DD. The 6 am shuttle is not gonna cut it!</p>

<p>When does the final exam schedule come out?</p>

<p>Fall exam schedule: [Fall</a> 2013 Exam Schedule | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/final-exam-schedules/fall-2013-exam-schedule/]Fall”>http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/final-exam-schedules/fall-2013-exam-schedule/)</p>

<p>Thanks, but I was wondering about individual courses.</p>

<p>You need to reference the linked chart. For example, if your son has a class Mondays at 10 a.m., you find the line that reads “Classes which first meet from MWF 10:00 – 10:50 AM”. Then you’ll see that exam is on Wednesday at 11:30.</p>

<p>Oops, I guess I didn’t look closely enough.</p>

<p>I guess the wild card will be the CBH project. Do you when students generally finish that?</p>

<p>CBH deadline has been until midnight on Friday. You’ll have to verify nothing has changed this semester.</p>

<p>Many CBHers don’t finish until the deadline.</p>

<p>Email sent. She replied that so far there are only 2 other requests for 3pm shuttle. That would be quietthinker and class2012mom, I guess.</p>

<p>If we can’t get more takers, maybe the three of them can split a limo.</p>

<p>Yes, I was #2. I’ll post something in our Chicago parents FB group. Not everyone does CC.</p>

<p>S has a flight at 5:10 so he’ll have to leave as soon as his exam is over, hopefully by 2:30 at the latest. Class2012Mom I know you have made travel arrangements to the airport before. How far in advance (a month? Before Thanksgiving?) do you think I will have to call to try to book transportation?</p>

<p>I also sent an email. </p>

<p>Class2012Mom, if we can’t get this 3:00 shuttle scheduled, can we arrange to have our kids (and any others who need to) share a limo/ride?</p>

<p>^^^That’s a good idea. I had to travel by plane to Tuscaloosa (flew into Birmingham) one time, and I booked passage with the Limo service. I hoped others would be traveling around the same time, so I could get a cheaper rate, but timing didn’t work out. I felt like a queen in that Mercedes van all by myself. After that, I got my taxi service guy’s name from the hotel and have been using him ever since. I don’t know if he gives breaks on multiple riders, because we’ve always had to use him for early morning, late night flights, or rides to and from the train station.</p>

<p>Yes, we can ride share. We are not supposed to be soliciting rides on CC - I got in trouble for that last year. I am trouble wherever I go. :smiley: So no more talk other than official shuttle stuff or this thread will get yanked.</p>

<p>I do have a back up plan already. It may be the same guy Montegut uses. </p>

<p>Kjcphmom, I’ll email you after this weekend. And I will message everyone else then, too. Big high school reunion this weekend so busy with that.</p>

<p>My guess is that people are not thinking about winter break yet. They may be more concerned about Thanksgiving break possibly. We need just 3 or 4 more people to send email to Julie so she can make the 3:00PM shuttle a reality.</p>

<p>^^^Class2012Mom, thanks for your help. Have fun at your reunion!</p>

<p>Got a response back re: my email about adding a 3:00pm shuttle after Friday finals.
It was very non-committal, basically saying we should just change our DD’s airline ticket. Not an option, Julie dear.</p>

<p>Already 4 people have sent emails ( me, Class2012Mom, Chardo, MereMom ). We need only 3 more parents now to make a request to Julie.</p>