We need a 3PM shuttle to BHM airport on Dec 13

<p>I sent an email too. Thank you for bringing this up!</p>

<p>Thanks blueslipper. We need only 2 more parents send that email to Julie now.</p>

<p>I think Alabama needs to come up with some kind of chart that can be used as a guide for booking flights. </p>

<p>if shuttle leaves campus at 5 am, then Bham flight departure should be 7:30 am or later</p>

<p>if shuttle leaves campus at 7am, then Bham flight departure should be 9:30 am or later</p>

<p>if shuttle leaves campus at 9am, then Bham flight departure should be 11:45 am or later</p>

<p>if shuttle leaves campus at 2pm, then Bham flight departure should be 4:45 pm or later</p>

<p>If shuttle leaves Bham airport at 2pm, then flight arrival should be no later than 1:15 pm (since late arrivals are commonplace today, consider allowances for those as well.)</p>

<p>And… include a reminder that a “cheap flight” may not end up being cheap if there isn’t a supporting shuttle and then a pricey taxi ride is needed. For instance: a 5:30am cheap flight isn’t likely going to have a 3:00 am supporting shuttle.</p>

<p>We have added a 3pm shuttle on Dec. 13.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine</p>

<p>Thank you, Janine!</p>

<p>Many thanks to Julie and Janine! I am sure there will be many students who will benefit from this shuttle. I hope the “HRC Airport Shuttle Service” page would be updated soon to include this additional departure time on Dec 13:</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm) </p>

<p>Thanks a bunch to Class2012Mom, Chardo, MereMom and Blueslipper once again!</p>

<p>My respect for U of A is growing by the day! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks you all so much for being pro active! I just rescheduled my DD flight on SW so she can come home Friday night!</p>

<p>Also thanks to the advice of a CC poster in another thread, I split her booking up so return flight is now on another itinerary which will make it easier to change if we decide to head to Pasadena on Jan 6 instead!</p>

<p>Yes, thanks for accommodating our late test takers! The 3PM shuttle is going to make things soooo much easier for DD to get home.</p>