Weather forecast for Capstone Scholars Weekend

<p>Just looked at the forecast and it’s not the warmer and sunny predictions that were last week.</p>

<p>Expect cold weather during the day and VERY cold weather in the eves.</p>

<p>When I pick up my nephew at B’ham airport on Thursday night it will be well below freezing. Yikes.</p>

<p>So…wear layers, bring some kind of headwear (a jacket with a hood will probably be ok), scarves, and gloves…it’s going to be cold in T-town.</p>

<p>Thanks for the update. My son and husband will be traveling from the Richmond Virginia area. They were hoping for some warm weather considering what we have now.<br>
Keep the updates coming.</p>

<p>I think my D, whose first thought when she hears Alabama is HOT, will be surprised when she arrives Thursday night. Temps during her Alabama visit will be lower than those for her Wisconsin and Illinois visits. The highs will still be 20 degrees warmer than they will be here, and lows are predicted to be at least 3-6 degrees higher. M2CK, I think your California nephew is going to find it VERY chilly.</p>

<p>Yes…Alabama is HOT in the summer…mostly when kids aren’t in school. It is hot for a few weeks at the beginning of the school year, but then it quickly cools to beautiful fall weather. </p>

<p>Winters are generally “mild” but when we get the fringes of some storm from elsewhere, the temp will drop to very cold.</p>

<p>What is it about CSD weekend? Last year I think there was a little snow and the year before that it was so cold in the South that schools in the Nashville area closed (yes, they closed for cold. It was -2 in the am.)</p>

<p>Just checked the weather for Tuscaloosa on Saturday and they are calling for partly cloudy with a high of 53. It’s supposed to be 60 on Monday!</p>

<p>Yes…CSDay has had some odd weather the last few years. A couple of years ago, it snowed on CSDay and they had to delay all the day’s events to give people time to show up.</p>