Weather in Madison

<p>What's the weather like in Madison in the summer/spring/winter/fall?</p>

<p>I really like cold/dry weather (i love snow) in the winter/fall and a cool/dry weather in the summer/spring. I can't stand humidity. Is it humid in Madision ever?</p>

<p>well im not here in the summer, but i'll try:</p>

<p>madison sounds like what you jsut said. I can say that the only time during the school year that madison is humid, is september inside your apt/dorm (bc most apts/dorms dont have AC). Aside from that, you're good. The air is pretty dry here. Good fall but doesn't last as long as it should :) Spring is cool.</p>

<p>Anybody you ask about the summer will say it's hot. I'm from the south, so i call them pansies. They'll complain about 80, 85, 90 degrees... "it is sooo hot outside!" or I remember once in September, "It's too hot to be playing frisbee!" - it was 85 degrees <em>at most</em>. ha, good luck.</p>

<p>how bad is the winter?</p>

<p>depends on who you are :)<br>
I like them. They last long, so "winter" for me (considering i'm from the south so I consider "winter" 32 and below) would be Nov-Mid March.</p>

<p>Wind chills can get below freezing. The cancelled the polar plunge this feb bc the windchill was -17 at noontime.</p>

<p>Good snowfalls/sledding come at least twice a year. Snow takes a -long- time to melt. Didn't really all melt until we came back from spring break, around mar 20ish.</p>

<p>All the buildings, dorms, apts are really well heated, though. So if you how bad is it, i can only say - it's long.</p>

<p>do dorms come with heaters? i dont wanna think about my mom finding me dead in my sleep or something...</p>

<p>How about air-conditioner?</p>

<p>All dorms and virtually all housing units in Madison have a heating system; otherwise, there's nobody surviving in there. Usually dorms are overheated, and residents leave their windows open. I don't know much about airconditioning. If they don't have it, it's no big deal as there are less than 10 days a year that need it.</p>

<p>I lived in Madison when I was young. My memory is: it's gorgeous in Spring; very cold and lots of snow in Winter; beautiful in fall. In summer, it often gets hot but not that bad. Compared to the west coast, it's a little more humid; compared to the east coast, it's a little more dry. In general in Wisconsin, summer and fall are dry seasons and winter and spring are wet seasons.</p>

<p>Usually, there's a few sticky humid days between summer and fall, but other than that it's pretty much what you're asking for.</p>

<p>Winters can get really bad, but remember: it's not the cold, it's the wind chill factor. Bring a scarf, gloves, hat, and big jacket. The less exposed skin, the more comfy you'll be.</p>

<p>Hey, does anyone know if UW has a ski team or club? I'd really like to join it if I end up going there.</p>

<p>Yes, they do. Check with the Hoofer's club site</p>

<p>This was not an especially cold winter. I did think the -17 was rather excessive though.</p>

<p>Today 70 degrees.
10 day forecast
Wed
Apr 12 AM T-Storms
70°/46° 60%<br>
0 Not Applicable </p>

<p>Thu
Apr 13 Scattered T-Storms
70°/52° 40%<br>
0 Not Applicable </p>

<p>Fri
Apr 14 Isolated T-Storms
71°/48° 30%<br>
0 Not Applicable </p>

<p>Sat
Apr 15 Scattered T-Storms
69°/51° 40%<br>
0 Not Applicable </p>

<p>Sun
Apr 16 Scattered T-Storms
64°/51° 40%<br>
0 Not Applicable </p>

<p>Mon
Apr 17 Few Showers
65°/47° 30%<br>
1 None </p>

<p>Tue
Apr 18 Sunny
64°/44° 10%<br>
1 None </p>

<p>Wed
Apr 19 Showers
64°/42° 60%<br>
1 None </p>

<p>Thu
Apr 20 Sunny
58°/38° 10%</p>

<p>the snow hasn't been as bad as in previous years....I live an hour away from Madtown so the weather is the same. Summers are hot but the temperature at night and in the early mornings are perfect for running or being outside :)</p>

<p>I live an hour from Madison and it is not terribly humid in the months that you will be around for school save for a few September and May days. Winters can get cold just as a disclaimer.</p>

<p>andrw--which direction to you live an hour away?</p>

<p>is there any way that the weather is so bad that people can't go to class?</p>

<p>That never happens in college, unless there is a hurricane. Nope, no more snow days.</p>

<p>I think UW closed due to snow once or twice in all the years. Madison handles snow pretty well and most kids can walk to class-even from off-campus housing. Just remember if you rent a house off campus some day it is your job to clear the walk--if you don't you can get a nice fat ticket.</p>

<p>there must be a hurricane coming through because it is raining so much at the moment....</p>

<p>Yup, heavy t storms. At least we missed the tornado that hit Iowa.</p>