Weather in Tuscaloosa

<p>I know the weather is notoriously hot in the summer months, but does Fall exist in Tuscaloosa? Or winter, for that matter? I can handle the heat, but Fall is my favorite season so I would hate for it to be burning up in late October.</p>

<p>Fall is lovely. Winters are mild with some low days.</p>

<p>Night football games after Sept can be cold. Even some late Sept night games can get cold.</p>

<p>:D perfect.</p>

<p>Don’t forget there was snow in January and the school shut down for one or two days. The students had fun throwing snowballs in the quad.</p>

<p>The one day we had freaky snowfall last year, the ground was covered by noon and classes were cancelled from 3:00 until 10:00 the next morning… and by 4:00 or 5:00 that evening it had almost all melted. The snow is very wet in Alabama (it stayed around 30-32 degrees while it snowed), so it’s great for packing! There were snowball fights, snowmen, and sledding with makeshift toboggans (i.e. cardboard boxes and container lids - down the hill between Ridgecrest and Lakeside).</p>

<p>For the most part, though, it stays mild. Last Fall in Tuscaloosa reminded me why Fall is my favorite! :)</p>

<p>(Also, it doesn’t have to do much with the heat, but we frequently have sudden rainfall. Best to keep an umbrella with you at all times!)</p>

<p>Since you mentioned in a different thread that without the scholarship you would be attending UNC, I figure you are from NC…we are from Charlotte and the weather in T-town is pretty much the same as at home.</p>

<p>Haha, I’m in Charlotte as well! Good to hear!</p>