WebAssign question

<p>D is taking Calc 2 and needs WebAssign (she already bought a used book). Her options for purchasing online are for a single term ($47) or lifetime of the edition ($65). I’m assuming that when she takes Calc 3 next semester she’ll still be using the same book, but I don’t know if the homework access is class specific or not. If she purchases the lifetime of the edition code, will that work for Calc 3 as well as Calc 2, even if it’s a different professor? I guess I don’t know enough about what WebAssign is and what it does to figure that out. Anyone know?</p>

<p>My S took Calc 2 last fall and Calc 3 this past Spring. His web assign was a lifetime and he used it for both Calc 2 and 3. </p>

<p>He had different professors for the classes.</p>

<p>You should be able to use the lifetime web assign for both.</p>

<p>Thank you!!</p>

<p>Can this web assign code be used for any other (i.e., further) math classes other than Calc I, II, and III?</p>

<p>I think it’s unique to the book, and the same code works for the Calc series because they use the same book. But I’m fumbling my way through with this WebAssign stuff, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in.</p>

<p>I don’t know either. I thought it was for that specific Calculus book also. S has Differential Equations this semester and they are not using Web Assign.</p>

<p>WebAssign is usually for a specific book, in this case the calculus book. Be aware that not all professors use WebAssign. As long as a student’s calculus classes are using the same edition of the calculus book, they would be fine with a lifetime subscription.</p>

<p>Any idea why Calc III would cost $75 for the webassign? My son just sent me a copy of the online bill/receipt for that class.</p>

<p>Did he get it direct from webassign? If so, did he perhaps buy both the code and the ebook? I know getting the code bundled with the ebook was an option for both the single term and life of the edition choices, but I don’t remember the prices for that.</p>