Weight of IB towards college apps

<p>“Participation in pre-collegiate/motivational and enrichment programs: AVID, EAOP, commercial and school test preparation courses, etc.”</p>

<p>Does I.B. count as part of that?</p>

<p>This is for the UCSD point thing yea? You know it seems that IB might count, but I'm not really sure. I heard that IB doesn't really help with UC admissions...maybe with points. Not sure.</p>

<p>yea it is from their point system, but the general agreement is that IB doesnt count..</p>

<p>I’m not from UCSD but the IB program should count. The IB program is considered as an equal to the AP program when working with an admissions point of view. The AP and IB program courses, even college level courses, are considered as UC approved honors level courses and will be considered in the application review. Not only will these courses help with your GPA but, the UC schools should be looking at the number of UC approved honors courses completed as well. The IB program should be counted as part of the admissions process if not as part of the pre-collegiate area it should be in another area.</p>

<p>juventus10, can you do my homework for me?</p>