Welcome New College Rep, NicoleWyattUA, from the University of Alabama

<p>Please join me in welcoming our newest College Rep, NicoleWyattUA, from the University of Alabama. Roll Tide! (Kind of pains me to say that, being a Volunteer fan… :slight_smile: But we’re happy to have Nicole here to interact with CC members!)</p>

<p>As a reminder, our College Reps are individuals that we have taken reasonable steps to verify as being from the school they represent. (If you find a CC member claiming to be an admissions person at a college and that member isn’t flagged as a College Rep, please let us know so that we can verify his/her status.)</p>

<p>As an matter of courtesy to our College Reps (who have real-world jobs and are incredibly busy during the admissions season!), please don’t post pleas for help naming the individual (e.g., “NicoleWyattUA - Need Answer ASAP!!!” is what NOT to do - ask your question in a new thread with a clear and specific title, and you’ll get input from CC members and, perhaps, from the resident College Rep if he/she has something to contribute.)</p>

<p>Say hello if you like, but please don’t ask questions in this thread - start a new one with a relevant title. Thanks!</p>

<p>RTR! Welcome Nicole! Think you’ll find a rather active Bama group here :)</p>

<p>Welcome to the forum, Nicole!</p>

<p>Welcome!! AlaBama!!</p>

<p>Welcome, Nicole. I just met two Alabama alums last weekend… transplants to Massachusetts but missing home.</p>

<p>Welcome, Nicole! Glad to have you here. My daughter is very excited to be part of next year’s freshman class. At least as of now she doesn’t even want to look at any other colleges. :)</p>

<p>Welcome to CC’s UA forum, Nicole! I’m looking forward to your posts.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Welcome Nicole! We’re so glad to have you as a resource. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>is there any way to ask a rep to visit a specific high school? it’d be nice to talk to someone from UA…as opposed to emailing or chatting constantly :)</p>

<p>Welcome aboard!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Contact the [Regional</a> Recruiter](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/state.cfm?state=CA]Regional”>http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/state.cfm?state=CA) for your area of California to see if they have a trip planned to your part of the state.</p>

<p>Aloha, Nicole! Looking forward to learning even more about Bama now that you’re on board too!!</p>

<p>Welcome to CC from an Alabama Alum. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Welcome!!! :)</p>

<p>Hello All! I really appreciate the greetings I’ve received from everyone and am very excited to help with any questions you may have. Please be sure to check out <a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu;%5B/url%5D”>http://gobama.ua.edu;</a> this is the webpage for the University of Alabama Office of Undergraduate Admissions. There you will find information on applying to UA, and so much more. Again, glad to be here, and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My niece from Homewood will be attending UA in the fall of 2011. UA was the only school she applied to. She can’t wait.</p>

<p>My son was just accepted and offered the Presidential Scholarship and hoping to be a NM finalist. He has been invited to the capstone scholars day but we may not be able to attend. We live in Michigan and he is dual enrolled and has classes every evening so travel is limited at this point. What do you suggest we have never been on campus?</p>

<p>^^^ Does he have evening classes on Fridays?</p>

<p>@crookedlake,
Your son does not have to attend Capstone Scholars Day. My son’s not attending either. Scholarships are not tied into that event in any way, so that part shouldn’t be a concern. But surely your son hopes to visit campus prior to choosing which school to attend … right?</p>

<p>Might I suggest that you purchase and airline ticket for him for some time that he is out of school? Spring break? A 3-day weekend? Does his school have “early release,” or whatever your schools may call it, on the last day of a grading period? If so, he could fly out that afternoon for a campus visit the next day.</p>

<p>I would, of course, strongly suggest that he visit Bama, or any school he’s highly interested in, prior to mid-April. When acceptances and financial aid packages come rolling in, he’s going to want to know how to compare his choices and make a wise choice!</p>

<p>I’ll second simplelife, it can be “the visit” that seals the deal for many students. Besides, visiting will give you the personal experience that the University of Alabama is known for. Please contact the college prior to going to help set up your visit.</p>