Well Wishes for Aphimommy

<p>I wish that I could do more but living a few states away…the least that I can do is provide her with some fun reading!</p>

<p>This week when she was attending a professional baseball game with her husband, she took a hard foul ball to the face. NOT a fun afternoon! After many hours in the ER and lots of stitches, she’s home resting. She’s a personal friend of mine and she IS NOT good at “resting.” No driving, no talking, no baking, no notta and ready to pull out her hair. Please send her a get well soon joke to remind her that her BAMA family appreciates all of her insight and willingness to be the “go to” sorority expert.</p>

<p>Any short fun jokes that anyone wants to share (maybe a Southern joke, sorority joke, etc. CLEAN ones only please)…</p>

<p>from my little neighbor last night:
Is Amanda a boy or a girl? …A MAN, Duh!</p>

<p>I’ll try to come back with a joke, but for right now I can only add my well wishes! Take care, Tammy, and do what the doctor ordered. So sorry that happened! Have you seen Fever Pitch (Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon)? It might make you laugh and something similar happens in the movie.</p>

<p>Georgia. How’s that for a joke, Aphimommy? Go MO!</p>

<p>[Georgia-Missouri</a> headlines Week 2 College Football Pickoff - Stewart Mandel - SI.com](<a href=“http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/week-2-pickoff/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0]Georgia-Missouri”>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/week-2-pickoff/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0)</p>

<p>Hope you feel better soon, Ahpimommy! Roll Tide and M-I-Z, Z-O-U!</p>

<p>I hope you’re feeling better, ahpimommy, and that you can find something doctor-approved to pass the healing time.</p>

<p>What do you say to an LSU football player dressed in a three piece suit?</p>

<p>Will the defendant please rise.</p>

<p>I don’t have a joke but I am sending best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope someone gets her lots of movies, a soft pillow, and some tender loving care.</p>

<p>If you are reading: Aphimommy, Feel Better Soon…</p>

<p>Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Here is my joke for you - Two guys were playing golf, one of them was about to swing the golf club when he noticed a funeral procession going by on the street. The man stopped in mid-swing and closed his eyes and said a short prayer. The other man truly inspired, remarked, clearing his throat, “wow that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.” “Well”, the other man said “I was married to her for 35 years.”</p>

<p>Here’s an oldie but still goodie for Aphimommy:</p>

<p>Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color?
…You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and
picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week!</p>

<p>stay calm and get well, AphiM!</p>

<p>Thanks guys!!! Loved the jokes and well wishes. DR’s appt this morning has revealed that I am needing plastic surgery :(. The nickel size hole in my cheek doesn’t seem to want to keep the stitches in and I have now developed an infection so it’s off surgeon on Monday and we are hoping that it can be done out patient. My kiddos are here from DC for the football game at MU tomorrow. I am not sure if I am going to get to go :(…will depend on how quickly the antibiotics work. Fingers crossed they work fast…have to tell you that babyfood…yeah not my favorite thing !!! Keep the jokes coming! Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Sending you a virtual chocolate milkshake. Feel better soon!</p>

<p>Looks like our spelling of your name needs plastic surgery too! :)</p>

<p>Get well soon, ahpimommy.</p>

<p>My pharmacist frowned when I asked if a narcotic painkiller could be safely added to the Nickademus Smoothie I promised you. Sorry… :(</p>

<p>However, I am still working on this and I am going to consult with more resources for you! <grin></grin></p>

<p>MALANAI—You’re good. She’s going to have to explain that one to me. I understand Aphi but not Ahpi. I’m certain there’s a good reason. :wink: We love her either way.</p>

<p>ALABAMA/MIZZOU flag flying proudly!</p>

<p>ps In southern churches you will hear the hymn, “All Glory, Laud and Honor”. You will also hear expressions such as, “Laud, Have mercy”, “Good Laud”, and “Laudy, Laudy, Laudy”.</p>

<p>Wow, Ahpimommy, you really took one for the team! Hope your surgery is quick and painless!</p>

<p>Here are a few jokes - hopefully one might make you “smeyes” (smiling with your cheek might be too painful)</p>

<p>On what kind of ships do students study? Scholarships! </p>

<p>Optimist: A college student who opens his wallet and expects to find money. </p>

<p>Did you hear about the Florida State defensive tackle who thought Hertz Van Rentals was a famous Dutch painter?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That reminds me of a speech I once heard at a conference. The speaker, extolling the virtues of his college contemporaries, said, “Now many of my colleagues graduated magna cum laudy (I know it’s spelled laude, but that’s how he pronounced it), and some even graduated summa cum laudy. I, on the other hand, graduated thank you, Laudy!” :)</p>

<p>Ahpimommy: oh no! I’m so sorry. I have been accused of being the world’s worst patient because I can’t just stop & rest, so I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel on top of the pain. Here’s hoping for quick relief & healing.</p>

<p>Here’s my joke:
How do you get a Tennessee graduate off your front porch?
^
^
^
^
^
Wait for it…
^
^
^
Pay them for the pizza!</p>

<p>Laudy laudy what great jokes!!! Malanai…your Dom arrived safe and sound… :)…Yep Mizzou/Bama flag waving proudly!!! Anyone in KC…party at the Fox and Hound on Metcalf…Starts at kickoff…I have been told if I am a good girl tonight that I get to go watch Mizzou have a little dog fight tomorrow…planning on sending those puppies back to Georgia! If Mizzou can win then rumor has it ESPN College Game day may be in COMO for the game…OCT 13 th…praying I wil be “whole” by then. We have a huge tailgate for every game…Y’all are invited…seriously…PM me and I will tell you where we are at. Thanks so much for all the well wishes and jokes…it really has helped!!</p>

<p>oh…name explanation…it AH …Pi (child is an ADPi) mommy… so it’s meaning that I am a mommy of an ADPi…know that’s confusing because I am an Aphi…</p>

<p>It’s all just Greek to me…</p>

<p>Best wishes on your speedy recovery ahpimommy. The funniest thing I have to offer is NRDson’s latest exploit, but that will have to wait until we know the stitches will hold…</p>