Wells Fargo

<p>Is Wells Fargo still the only national bank on or near campus?</p>

<p>Apparently PNC now has a branch on campus as well as part of their takeover of RBC.</p>

<p>for the most part, kids don’t really need a local bank account.</p>

<p>my daughter needs a check about once or twice a year.</p>

<p>I can conform PNC. My daughter got an account there so that she could get direst deposit for her intern job.</p>

<p>I think the best reason to have a local bank is so the students can withdraw cash if needed without a fee.</p>

<p>^One can get cash back at a number of stores. There is also an ATM at Publix that is free for members of certain financial institutions, many of which are located in other parts of the country. 99% of places accept credit/debit; the issue is more teaching students not to spend money they don’t have just because they have a credit/debit card.</p>

<p>Personally, I highly recommend Wells Fargo, and would discourage using the Alabama Credit Union. Wells Fargo has been nothing but wonderful to be, and the Credit Union has been nothing but a huge hassle for me as an OOS student (and its been super annoying dealing with it for my organizations). That’s why I switched after my sophomore year. Plus, Wells Fargo online banking is excellent!</p>

<p>We LOVE Wells Fargo!</p>