Wesleyan Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Wesleyan Fall 2022 applicants – this is the spot for the future Class of 2026 to ask questions, swap stats, and share news and admissions updates with others applying to Wesleyan.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Wesleyan 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 67%
Mean SAT Score 1417
Admissions Test Policy Submitting test scores is optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 49%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 37%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like admissions and decisions dates and additional stats. If you have different info from a reputable source, you are welcome to add it to this post. To make changes, just click Edit in the lower right corner.

For more information about Wesleyan, Visit Admissions on College Confidential’s College Search.

2 Likes

It would be helpful to add the percentage of the class of 2025 that was admitted ED. IIRC, Wesleyan fills at least half the class between ED1 and ED2. In addition they are a meets need, but need-aware school.

2 Likes

A related (I hope) question I’ve always had about need aware is whether it is binary or if there is a sliding scale within the need aware cohort of schools. I’ve read elsewhere that Wesleyan is need blind for 90 to 95% of the class and limits need aware to the remaining percentage. Said another way, if a student is applying to 5 need aware schools, should that student seek more information? Like, what % of the class is admitted on a need blind basis?

Of course, there’s no way to know whether an individual applicant will have their need or lack of it be factored into their application. So I supposed given that, does it matter?

I honestly don’t know how to handicap that one. Kiddos didn’t need to concern themselves with it because we were full pay for all 3. Both LAC kids were recruited athletes at comparable LACs (in terms of selectivity). At Wes, we were never asked about our intention to apply for fin aid. At the other, we were asked explicitly, and that was even in a situation in which D was a priority athletic recruit. Wes has a bit larger endowment than the other school, but not by much, and the other school has fewer students.

Also, is the 2021 class the one that might be affected by having to hold spots open for people who deferred from 2020?

My D22 has decided to add Wesleyan to her list but we’ve found that there are no available interview spots left. Does anyone know if there’s a waitlist or how much we should worry about this?

Your son can sign up for an alumni interview here.

https://www.wesleyan.edu/admission/connect/WAAV.html

Last year, my son ended up changing his application from regular decision to ED2 after his Wesleyan alumni interview. The alumni talked about his experiences as a math/physics major, the physics research he was involved in and the fun he had on campus.

My son is a freshman at Wesleyan now and is loving his time there both academically and socially. He was able to skip to the 200 level math and physics courses thanks to his AP scores and he joined the rugby club team which gave him an instant group of friends.

6 Likes

Sorry. Your daughter, not your son, can request an alumni interview.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I too wonder if Wesleyan might become an ED2 choice for my daughter. It ticks so many boxes for her – great political science/social sciences program, great student newspaper and theater opportunities, open curriculum, great size.

2 Likes

Does anyone know whether Wesleyan is doing interviews (alumni or otherwise) and how important they are in Wesleyan’s consideration of an applicant?

Last I checked there were no more interviews left for this admission cycle.

2 Likes

Do any of you know any stats for the class of 2026 yet?

1 Like

Do we know the date in which they released their decisions for the 2025 class?

Feb 13th which was a Saturday at 3 pm.

Was that ED2 or RD?

oh i am so sorry this is the wrong thread! that was the ED2 date!

1 Like

Do you happen to know RD date? Maybe a friend there has the admission letter handy?

1 Like

My daughter got her RD acceptance to Wesleyan last year on 3/27/21.

5 Likes

Is there any stats on the Wes applicant pool this year yet?

Hi - did everyone receive the “find your way at Wes” email a week ago ending with “You are ready. You are on your way. And we are just as excited as you are to see who you become.”

3 Likes

Yes