1 Like

Accepted; 4.0 UW, 4.7 W/1550 SAT/IB Diploma :blush:

6 Likes

My D22 was rejected.

S22 accepted: 4.0uw/4.64w, 1550

7 Likes

D22 Accepted; 4.0UW and 35 ACT; 10 APs

10 Likes

My son was accepted. Now we have to go visit. We never made it to the east coast schools on his list. Going to be a busy April!

7 Likes

D22 Accepted with lots of FA!!!
1560 SAT,3.98UW/4.85WGPA, STEM magnet, NMF, Strong ECs and some national, state and regional awards. Interested in theatre, music and math.

5 Likes

S22 Accepted to Wes! Other LAC’s he has offers from include Middlebury and Reed. Any thoughts on which of the 3 is the best investment for someone planning to work in private sector after college ? (expensive $$ tuition for all three so cost not a factor).

2 Likes

I’m shocked.

Waitlisted
33 on ACT
International Student
Interviewed
Attended many virtual events
Had an LOR from an Alum

any views?

Other than being small colleges, they’re pretty different from each other. A visit to each should settle it.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your admission to BU!

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your waitlist. Obviously can’t know the reason(s) why, but Wesleyan’s international acceptance rate is in the single digits, so a reach for all. The great news is that you have several outstanding acceptances at other schools!

2 Likes

U.S. News offers early career salary information, which appears relevant to a student who would like to work in the private sector:

However, since the salary differences across these schools aren’t great, your son may want to weigh personal considerations more heavily.

Fellow IB student here! What was your submitted predicted IB grade?

Thanks, very helpful. Agree that for schools of similar caliber like these, ultimately student has to find which place gives best 4-year experience to their academic and extracurricular interests.

1 Like

I’m from the US, so we didn’t have predicted grades.

Daughter was accepted.
UW GPA 3.95, SAT 1560, 10 APs, 4 DE
Leadership in robotics, science olympiad, language club, other volunteering.

Congrats to all who were accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!

11 Likes

Wesleyan has reported a 14% acceptance rate for this year (excluding future waitlist admissions). This may represent a record low for the school.

7 Likes

Here are the reported details on the Class of 2026 results.

2 Likes

Based on the article, Wesleyan has planned for an RD admission yield of 18% to 19%. In doing so, it seems that Wesleyan may have considered the changing nature of college admissions in very recent times.

1 Like