Wesleyan Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Wesleyan Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 1

2 Likes

Anyone ready to start stressing out about this?

D23 applied RD, from CA. We visited Wes last summer. She’s interested in their Film/TV program. Other than being kinda famous and highly ranked, can anyone provide more personal anecdotes about that program?

1 Like

Recruitment and engagement are strong with Wes alumni in the entertainment industry.

2 Likes

My S23 is just ready for the RD notifications to start coming in (Wesleyan among them)! These next 6-8 weeks will be long.

Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like

Best of luck to all of you.

3 Likes

Did everyone receive the email to join the Wesleyan Wisr Network? I just found it in my spam folder and I’m wondering what it’s all about.

1 Like

Daughter received it back in October. Looks like it’s a student community for prospective and admitted students to get info from attending students. It has different “communities” they can join and explore. Can connect with other students (admitted or current), staff, alumni, etc.

1 Like

i did!

1 Like

Have any legacy applicants received an email from Wes making note of that? My daughter did get an email like this from admissions 4 years ago. My son this year has not. I’m wondering if they have stopped sending this. The past email was very general-- something along the lines of acknowledging ties to Wes, etc.

hi i scheduled an interview with wesleyan on 3/7/2023 and im wondering if it will be considered in my admissions for rd. im not sure if this interview will be considered in my rd application but im hoping it will. does anyone know?

TBH, I don’t think interviews are given a lot of weight in the Wesleyan admissions process. Just consider the experience as an opportunity to connect with another person, someone with some knowledge about the school and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

can anyone chance me? scheduled to do an interview but ik it wont impact my application much.

-nyc, fgli, korean male
-98.61 gpa when applied (went down after senior year semester so 98.24 i think by now) i dont know if this makes a big difference…
-test optional
-good lors i think (psych teacher is known to write good letters) (got one from korean teacher i had of 3 years)
-ecs: Student Culture Team-President
Leadership position+
Hosted and led school-wide events to educate 5,000+ students on social injustices; implemented social justice into academic classes and daily life.

Service Learning Project-Recorder+coordinator
Leadership position+
Hosted a 5K run to fundraise making care packages for veterans; recorded all plans and expenses used in the project; wrote heart-warming cards.

Homeless Shelter Volunteering-volunteer
Cooked and served hot meals to the homeless; held fundraisers to provide basic needs; engaged in conversations for mental support.

MEDDOCS- Internship at Icahn School of Medicine
Studied case studies, anatomy, and ethics to healthcare taught by medical students and professionals; analyzed medical journals; interviewed MD’s.

JROTC Honor Guard-Flag detail commander
Leadership position+
Performed in events to post the national colors; in charge and responsible in overseeing 40+ cadets to raise and lower the American flag daily.

JROTC S-3 Operations and Training-Officer+c/2LT
Leadership position+
Kept maintenance and managed cadet records of 800+ cadets; devised and executed all plans of the battalion; formulated training schedules for classes.

Guitar
Played the guitar as a side hobby and to de-stress from academic life; played the guitar in a youth band in church.

if anyone can chance me itll be great! thanks

Any update on the decision date?

3 Likes

I think we’re all getting antsy waiting on these late March decision release dates. I wish all colleges would announce ahead of time when the decision date would be. In other words, I haven’t heard anything :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

FYI for anyone else waiting on Wesleyan, we confirmed with our admissions officer for D23 that Saturday March 25th is the “planned” release date - not a “for sure” date, but when they expect to release decisions.

18 Likes

I got in early decision and your application seems amazing (more buffed out than mine). How good do you think your essay was?

2 Likes

I heard about the 25th decision date on the admitted and prospective students network when asking about wesfest. Should we add this date onto the 2027 regular decision calendar thread?

4 Likes

i think my essays are decent. i mean i got into some match schools without an sat score so i think my essays are at an okay level

1 Like

Then its really a gamble. You seem to be in range but it’ll probably depend on your essays (and the person reading your application)

1 Like

Decisions released Friday 3/24 9pm ET. (Correction: midnight ET.) (Source: Instagram)

2 Likes