Wesleyan Class of 2027 Official Thread

I can’t find it on Instagram. Perhaps it’s just me. Can you post a screenshot?

2 Likes

It’s a story from this morning. (Note that the math would actually say midnight Eastern, but I’m assuming Instagram isn’t doing time conversion and I’m on Pacific time. I could be wrong.)

1 Like

Thanks for posting! I’m in eastern time and it tells me midnight on Friday/Saturday. I wish it was at 9pm. Midnight seems late to release results.

3 Likes

its there (for me shows on 3/24 due to time zone)

2 Likes

Okay guys, don’t wait up until midnight. The post says “Days to RD decision” and not “Time to RD decision.” Yes, it will definitely be this Saturday but historically, the decision is in your portal early afternoon at around 1 pm.

early afternoon on Friday, right?

2 Likes

It’s says Friday at 9pm for PST, midnight for EST

Since Saturday begins at midnight, this seems like a Saturday notification of an unspecified hour.

4 Likes

On mine, on the west coast, it specifically says 9pm on Friday, posted in the above picture. People on the east coast have said that theirs specifically says midnight Friday night.

1 Like

Anyone knows anything about financial aid process? If I am rejected by fin aid, does that mean it is impossible for me to get an offer then?

If you applied for aid, Wesleyan will only offer you admission if they can meet what they consider 100% of your need.

2 Likes

I believe Wes is needs blind. So, your financial aid will not be tied to you acceptance (unless you are an international student). Likewise, they guarantee aid, so they don’t really reject aid…they provide aid to those who need it.

1 Like

Actually, Wes is need-aware. On average, money will run out for ~10% of those being seriously considered for admission in the RD round and they will consequently be rejected. :frowning:

3 Likes

My friend DMed the Wesleyan admissions instagram and they specified that the countdown was supposed to be to Saturday, and that they would be releasing decisions on Saturday

5 Likes

President Roth recently indicated to the WSA that the school is need-blind to about 5 percent now. His goal is to get to 100 percent need blind and still meet 100 percent of need before the end of his presidency. All great news!

5 Likes

At around 1 pm like they have done for years.

3 Likes

I think you meant to say that Wesleyan is need-blind for 95 percent of all applicants who make it to the final round now. The 5 percent figure would apply to the remaining number whose need is taken into consideration (need-aware.) It is also my understanding that Wesleyan is now 0-debt for families with incomes under $120K. That’s double the income bracket it was just a few years ago.

4 Likes

New post on Wesleyan’s Instagram story- the decision is coming out Saturday, but they said that they won’t give a time, just that we have to check our emails. Sooo nervous! I did an interview which I’m hoping went well enough to help my application- but honestly, I have no idea. Only a little longer to wait, though!

5 Likes

I found this post on FB group.

11 Likes