Wesleyan Class of 2027 Official Thread

Good luck tomorrow, everyone! Remember that this year is absolutely insanely competitive across the board. I know so many bright, accomplished students who are been rejected and waitlisted at so many schools. My daughter just got rejected by Northwestern, and we’re not optimistic about Wesleyan now, but hopeful.

5 Likes

Is there a specific time Wesleyan is dropping decisions?

1 Like

See two and three posts above yours.

thank you!!

Does anyone know what the RD acceptance rate was last year?

1 Like

Its RD acceptance rate was 12.4%; its RD admission yield was ≥ 20.3%.

2 Likes

Thanks. I applied to the Asian Freeman Scholarship and did not receive any follow-up interviews so I guess that 99% I am rejected.

2 Likes

I think it’s good that you are not getting your hopes up. However, I think that goes for just about everyone who applies to Wesleyan or any other college that rejects 85% of its applicants. Technically speaking, the Freeman is a merit-based scholarship program, one of only a handful offered by Wes. International students who do not win a Freeman might still be in the running for need-based financial aid, if they applied or it. I guess you already know your fate by now. Feel free to let us know the outcome, one way or the other. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

has anyone gotten an email yet? or are we guessing decisions will come out at 3pm est

3 Likes

Nope, no email for me

2 Likes

1 Like

Anyone received an email yet?

1 Like

I have not

2 Likes

Just posted. Rejected. Good luck to everyone.

rejected.
OOS
bio major
3.8 UW
4.4 W
strong LORs, ECs, and essays

4 Likes

Your qualifications are amazing. It’s just a lottery of sorts. We just have to remember that kindness matters, love matters, equality matters. Where we go to college doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

8 Likes

rejected
97.4 gpa with huge upward trend
1530 sat one sitting

3 Likes

rejected (psych major)
international student, did not apply for financial aid
1520 SAT
converted gpa: 3.5 uw (school does not weigh)
converted sr yr mid-term gpa: 4.0 uw (school does not weigh)
strong major oriented ecs and awards

waitlisted!! 1480 SAT, 3.9 UW GPA, decent ECs. Thought I was totally getting rejected so i feel ok about this :smiley:

6 Likes

Waitlisted. Theatre major (applied with supplemental theatre essay).
OOS. 97.4/100 uw, 1530 SAT, all honors classes except for 2 APs in Calc (5s on exams, only 4 APs available at school), full load of college classes for senior year (“dual enrollment”) with all As in fall semester. Strong ECs and essays, and strong LORs (from what we’ve been told). But she got a good acceptance yesterday, so she is okay with this.

5 Likes