West Indian Students?

<p>I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but are there any black students of West Indian descent on this site? I'm of West Indian descent, and I have a hard time finding other students of West Indian descent anywhere. There are a lot of scholarships for us, so I was hoping there'd be other West Indian students on here so we can kind of work together and help each other with college admissions a bit. I dunno.</p>

<p>I am! Where are you from?</p>

<p>Rofl. I’m not really “from” anywhere–I’m American. But one of my parents is from Barbados. What about you?</p>

<p>One of my grandparents on my dad’s side is from Barbados and the other is from the Dominican Republic. But I’m from America lol. :)</p>

<p>A weh mi island people dem? :)</p>

<p>Lol, hello. I’m Jamaican! It’s nice to know that there’s a Caribbean presence here.</p>

<p>I didn’t know they had special scholarships for West Indians :)</p>

<p>I’m also Bajan on my dad’s side. It had never occured to me to seek scholarships specifically for Caribbean kids. xD</p>

<p>There are scholarships…but typically you have to be from New York or another specific area. And it’s nice to know that there are other Caribbean kids on here! I have a hard enough time finding us in real life…</p>

<p>I’m Haitian! Yay West Indian students!</p>

<p>I’m jamaican, trini, and guyanese. Both my parents are from the caribbean but I agree it’s nice to know their are some west indians on CC :)</p>

<p>I’m Guyanese :slight_smile: applying to Columbia for Spring admission. I’m a non traditional student though. I’m 26</p>

<p>Hey, I’m jamaican as well ( both parents born there) and I am applying to:
Penn state
Uconn
Upenn
Brown
Northwestern
UT Austin
Cornell
NYU</p>

<p>Im Haitian :)</p>

<p>I am so glad to have found this thread! My dad is from the Virgin Islands and my mom is from Dominica, but then moved to the USVI</p>

<p>Yea I was actually born in Jamaica. Came here when I was younger. My school is a private school so my guidance office is pretty clueless about anything having to do with real-need based financial aid for colleges. It would be nice to know about scholarships for West-Indian Students because I’m sure my GC isn’t going to come forward with anything.</p>

<p>Antiguan :D</p>

<p>More about the scholarships, please!</p>

<p>I didn’t know there was a W.I. Thread! I’m Jamaican, actually I’m living here now lol! I’m moving to the US in Jan. so that should be an adventure.</p>

<p>I’m with Shrinkrap, I’d like to know more about any scholarships</p>

<p>Hi. My mom is Antiguan. I was born there too. So I guess that makes me a full citizen. Would really be grateful for any info on scholarships.</p>

<p>Omg yes! Jamaica (dad born there) Grenada (specifically Carriacou from mom’s side). There are always african posts and forums but not many caribbean ones.</p>