West Texas College Online

Please fill me in on this. I have seen the name come up both here and in the Blinn discussion along with Reddit. It sounds like a lot of TAMU students use this school for online classes. Why??

My son is taking the equivalent of physics 208 online at west Texas this fall in addition to 12 hrs at a&m. He is doing this for 2 reasons. First it has been said that physics 208 is made unreasonably hard by so many people. Some advisors even recommend taking it elsewhere. The class of 2021 is actually the last engineering erring class that will be required to take that class. There has been a redesigned physics class for the engineering students as the engineering department didn’t even like 208, my son had planned to take it over the summer but it was full. He then planned to just take 208 in the fall at a&m but it ended up conflicting with another class he needed so he decided to do it on line through wtc.

My son too is taking it this fall, as the summer was full very fast. 208 can be a GPA killer and through WTC, they get the credit without it hurting GPA.

Thanks @Thelma2 . I was thinking that this must be a Wipe Out class. I also looked and WTC online is cheaper than Blinn Online.

My son is starting Engineering Academy in Brenham this Fall. The advisors at Brenham strongly encourage the student to not take 208 at TAMU and take it during the second summer session in brenham