Wharton LBW 2021

If you submit at 12:00 am EST on 2/27, will it still be counted by the priority deadline?
asking for a friend…

Yes, exactly! Thank you :blush:

I’m so nervous!!! less than 1 month till decisions

Mar 26th is the date to release decision! 22 days to go…

Lowkey scared. I got into LaunchX but it’s virtual, I pray LBW stays in person. I don’t think I have ever spent so much time on an application haha

Yeah no problem! Good luck to you guys!! And don’t get stressed if the results don’t come out exactly on time, mine came out a few hours late and it didn’t mean any advantage or disadvantage. These are the stats I had when I applied last year:

Background info:

• African-American female
  • Moderately competitive high school

Sophomore year coursework:

• AP World
  • AP Research
  • English 11H
  • Research Chem H
  • Pre-calc
  • Spanish 4 H
  • Business management & business law

Grade: 10th/Sophomore

Unweighted gpa: 4.0

Weighted gpa: 4.3

Test scores: None submitted

Main Extracurriculars:

• Two-time Author
  • CEO & Founder of two companies (one of which is a product)/Entrepreneur
  • President & Founder of an organization that builds self-confidence within the youth (works similarly as a non-profit, this is at my high school and gives volunteer hours while also donating books to students)
  • Motivational speaker
  • Board member for an young entrepreneur organization
  • Mentor to young entrepreneurs and highly involved in my community through different events and opportunities as a young entrepreneur and speaker
  • DECA chapter president
  • Senior Girls Scout
  • Varsity tennis player on my high school team

Awards:

• Girls Scout bronze and silver award
  • Barnard-Columbia leadership award
  • Harvard University BOLD ambassador
  • Excel honors leadership award
  • Several other awards in the leadership and entrepreneurship field

Essay:

• I mainly focused on my company and the personal story with why I created it and how I was able to build it to where it is today

Let me know if this helps or if I can help with anything else!

You have gained amazing achievement! There is no doubt you got accepted! Thank you and good luck for your college application!

1 Like

Me too, prefer face to face, hope I will get accepted and head off to upenn this summer!

Hey guys. Now as we have submitted our LBW applications, what are you stats?

Hey so I’m an international applicant, so I don’t think my stats would be particularly relevant, but for other international applicants, here you go:

Background: Indian male, studying in the top-ranked high school in India

10th grade subjects: English, Maths, Hindi, History/Geogo, Physics, Chem, Bio, Comp Sci

GPA- (acc to ICSE - the board in India) - 93/100
Rank - 3/130ish

ECs:

• Founder, CEO of a profitable company, (entrepreneurship)
  • Won 2 national competitive economics/business competitions
  • Won a national start-up pitching competition, and a few stock simulation competitions as well (all national-level, reputed)
  • Authored an economic policy research paper published in The International Journal of Scientific Research publications
  • Won best, outstanding delegate, hon mention awards at multiple international MUNS, chairing at my school’s MUN this year

Essay: I mainly talked about an unofficial leadership role at one of my first MUNs, and wrote the other essay about cricket, a sport I love

Hope this helps! Could others also share their stats?

Also, is this program particularly prestigious? I was told that they’re highly selective, and take only 120 each year, but given the expensive program costs and the fact that there’s no aid available, is this just a cash cow or is it reputed?

Definitely reputable. Some argue that other previously competitive programs, such as Launch X, are becoming somewhat ‘pay-to-play.’ However, LBW has kept its prestige and continues turning down over 80% of its applicants. Typically, if they turn down a large percentage of highly qualified applicants, you do not have to worry about it being a cash cow.

did u guys get the email just now?? im so sad :frowning:

1 Like

omg autocorrect didn’t mean that emoji

yes, really disappointing ;(

Almost 4400 for a 2-week virtual program, maybe LBW is becoming pay-to-play haha. Seriously though, I’m really sad about this :;(

Wow, I just saw the email, I’m sad although I can’t say that I am too surprised that they decided to go online. Is anyone thinking about doing the Wharton pre-baccalaureate program?

Hello! For anyone attending Wharton LBW 2021, I would like to make an Instagram group chat to connect. Please reply with your instagram handle or shoot me a DM if you would like to be included. My username is @maxreichstein. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

2 Likes

i’m thinking about applying for pre-bacc; sounds like a pretty cool program. we have to apply, right? even if we got into lbw

Did they release acceptance for LBW already?