What a game - SEC CHAMPS

<p>missread- does your daughter play the piccolo? I saw a close up of three pic players looking like they were having a great time. I was looking for my son but never saw him. I’m always watching for band close ups.
It really was a nerve racking game to watch. Now onto Miami.</p>

<p>What a game - my husband and I were at our younger son’s baseball tryout and I kept refreshing my phone to see the score - between watching tryouts and watching the score of this game I was totally stressed! My H didn’t want to know the final score b/c he recorded it and wanted to watch the game at home as if it were live - he was freaking out! Very funny to watch since I already knew the result!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they students are able to get tickets for the Championship game? My son is a freshman - he said he was definitely looking into it and I’m sure a lot of his fraternity brothers are going but I was wondering what they have to do to get one. Also, are they are able to get an extra one or are they limited to one? Our whole family would LOVE to go but the ticket prices are pretty outrageous - it would be such an awesome experience to see that game. </p>

<p>Roll tide!!! :)</p>

<p>there is an Opt In going on right now. However, I believe that priority is by number of Bama credits a student has.</p>

<p>M2CK is right, it is based on credit hours. At least thats what our D told us. Since she is also a freshman we are still not sure it that includes AP credit.</p>

<p>^^^1BamaDad: based on past years, I don’t believe it does. Think it’s based on UA credits earned.</p>

<p>What’s the website that lists places to find UA viewing parties? I know someone had posted something early in the season. D1 & I will be OOS on Jan 7th & I’m trying to plan ahead.</p>

<p>Just wondering… In the past, when Bama was in the championship game, did students return to campus in time to watch the game? Son had me buy his plane ticket so that he would be on campus for the game, but with classes not starting until the 9th, I am wondering if the campus will be deserted… Hmmm.</p>

<p>I know we have tickets for my son to fly in early on the 8th. Unfortunately they cannot be changed (as he would have loved to be at Alabama when they won), however I don’t know how many people will actually be on campus. It MIGHT be deserted or because of this game, alot of the kids who drive in (and are not going to FL) might want to watch it on/near the strip. Hopefully we can find someplace where under 21 year olds can watch it.</p>

<p>I get to sit in my living room and listen to my son scream all sorts of Bama nonsense during the game. Thank God for tequila.</p>

<p>[2012</a> Out-of-State Football TV Viewing Schedule | National Alumni Association](<a href=“http://alumni.ua.edu/2012-out-state-football-tv-viewing-schedule]2012”>http://alumni.ua.edu/2012-out-state-football-tv-viewing-schedule)</p>

<p>^^^Thanks 1BamaDad!</p>

<p>They opened the dorms early last year so that student could drop off their stuff & head to NOLA, or for some other reason. I’m sure there will be lots of students on campus watching Mon night. Classes start Weds am, that isn’t that early too get back.</p>

<p>There were tons of students who returned early from the break last year thanks to Housing allowing the dorms to open early. The mood on campus and around Tuscaloosa was electric after the game. Academy Sports opened immediately after the game to the cheers of thousands of fans waiting at midnight for the celebratory tee shirts. It was an incredible experience!:slight_smile: I can hardly wait! Roll Tide! :)</p>

<p>I get to sit in my living room and listen to my son scream all sorts of Bama nonsense during the game. Thank God for tequila.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>You can spend the evening commiserating with Mike the Tiger.</p>

<p>Reporting in from Notre Dame country (Chicagoland)…
ND fans are already going nuts up here… I’ve been to a few ND games and the fans and school pride is truly amazing – just like BAMA!!
I’ve been reading that this will be the most watched BCS game in history. So fun to be a part of it!
Cannot wait for Miami - Roll Tide Roll!!
Big Al is already inflated and stands right next to our Christmas tree!</p>

<p>For those who missed it live and did not DVR it, ESPNu is showing “THE” game tonight. I believe 8pm eastern time/ 7pm central.</p>

<p>Yes, hokiefan, my D was one of those three piccolos shown with about 2:30 left in the first half! They thought it was for the jumbotron and didn’t realize they were on national TV until it was over and the cameraman told them.</p>

<p>My son called this morning and ask that we arrange for him to fly from the DC area to Miami. Ticket or no ticket, he will be part of the BCS championship. Besides, he wants to celebrate his birthday (it is during that week) with friends in Florida.</p>

<p>Meanwhile, the younger son’s birthday is on BCS Day. He plans a campaign to ask his teachers not to assign homework that night. He may be successful, too. One teacher is an Arkansas grad, and another is a huge UK fan. He figures that they will be somewhat understanding.</p>

<p>What an exciting time for these kids. For my younger son, a Bama senior, this will be the 3rd BCS during his years at Bama. He’ll remember these years for the rest of his life.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>DS wants to watch the game at the NYC watch party, just like last year. We booked his flight back on Tuesday with this in mind.</p>

<p>How important a player is Dial? I’d be shocked if he isn’t suspended.</p>

<p>[Suspension</a> possible for Bama player for hit on Georgia QB Aaron Murray | UGA sports blog](<a href=“http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/12/03/suspension-possible-for-quinton-dial-as-sec-reviews-his-hit-on-georgia-qb-aaron-murray/]Suspension”>http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/12/03/suspension-possible-for-quinton-dial-as-sec-reviews-his-hit-on-georgia-qb-aaron-murray/)</p>