What a game - SEC CHAMPS

<p>Did anyone see this one? </p>

<p>[Best</a> Block Ever? Kenny Bell, Nebraska vs Wisconsin - YouTube](<a href=“Best Block Ever? Kenny Bell Block, Nebraska vs Wisconsin Big 10 Championship - YouTube”>Best Block Ever? Kenny Bell Block, Nebraska vs Wisconsin Big 10 Championship - YouTube)</p>

<p>I have no regrets not encouraging my smallish S to play football.</p>

<p>On behalf of this Texas A&M student, gig’em Bama!
I say this with utmost selflessness, and not because we get to say that “we beat the national champs on the road” if yall win it all :)</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>Okay. I’ve admitted before that I never watched football until we joined the Crimson Tide. So, I’ve just completed my third season :slight_smile: But I have to say that the game seems to be ever more violent. A lot of folks watch college ball instead of the ‘pros’ because it wasn’t (or didn’t seem to be) a 'break your opponent (literally) game.</p>

<p>The commentators said more than once that Georgia leads the league in flags and their coach wasn’t concerned about it. I hope Mr. Saban would be concerned if that were ‘our’ team.</p>

<p>It does seem like there were several actions not called by the refs, although how they can keep track of it all is something to consider.</p>

<p>Sharing my ignorance here, why was it okay for the Georgia player to push Lacey in the back once Lacey was clearly beyond the goal line? </p>

<p>I do recognize that the commentators try to make something more out of a situation than exists, too. For example, mention was made repeatedly about ‘watching Murray’ because of his head hit. I guess AJ didn’t need watching because the refs called his head hit and gave the 15 yard penalty against Georgia. If a team receives a penalty, the injury is gone(?)</p>

<p>The above the shoulders rule seems reasonable and needed but I think it is hard to see that the players who hit above the shoulders did it intentionally in all cases. I understand the punishment is meant to make them cognizant that they have to work to avoid such hits, not just ‘not do them.’</p>

<p>I hate to see these young men risking more than they should have to risk and I THINK it will damage the game if purposeful violence escalates.</p>

<p>Anyway, read some of the other comments and was glad to see I’m not alone in this thinking.</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Players should have enough respect for one another that they don’t play with an intent to injure, but that’s not the case. Therefore, to discourage this behavior, there are penalties. Frankly, it’s about time head injuries are being taken more seriously.</p>