What amenities are not included?

<p>Do students pay extra to use the workout facilities/rec area? Also, I am assuming football tickets are not included. How much do they cost for students? Are other sports included?</p>

<p>The rec center is free to students.</p>

<p>Tickets to all games (except football) are free to students.</p>

<p>Football tickets for students are only $5 each…they are sold in homegame sets. Freshmen can only buy sets of 3 games or 4 games. Each student can only buy ONE set.</p>

<p>Students have to “register” to buy tickets at the end of May or beginning of June. Then, you buy them at a certain time…don’t miss that time!!!</p>

<p>Tickets for other games (games that you don’t have tickets) can be obtained thru a system that maybe a student here can explain more clearly.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I’ve been reading through your back posts, and they are so helpful. We are attending a UA reception here in Dallas on the 21st, and we are making a quick road trip to Tuscaloosa the following week.</p>

<p>Oh…and I thought this was interesting…</p>

<p>When we were at Bama over T-giving, my son went up to the newstand that held the Wall Street Journal. He slid his Action Card, opened the box, and took a WSJ. I asked him how much would get deducted from his acct. he said nothing. He said it’s free for students, but you have to swipe your card.</p>

<p>Parking is not included…you’ll have to buy a tag to park on campus. </p>

<p>Using on-campus recreational facilities such as the Rec Center or the Aquatic Center is included but the varying programs such as rec center classes or personal training are not. </p>

<p>Going to the health center or counseling center is not free, aside from initial consultations. It’s just like going to a doctor, so make sure you’re insurance is in order.</p>

<p>Some printing on-campus is not free, others are free. It depends on the lab.</p>

<p>*rec center classes *</p>

<p>What do you mean?</p>

<p>I don’t think the rec center charges for group classes like aerobics and such, right? </p>

<p>Are you talking about swimming lessons? or life guard training classes?</p>

<p>I thought they did, at least for some specialized classes, such as belly dancing.</p>

<p>The rec center offers belly dancing lessons?</p>

<p>LOL</p>

<p>If so, they shouldn’t charge the students, just the males who are watching thru the glass.</p>

<p>Here we go: The Discovery Series</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>[Students</a> explore DiscoverySeries classes at Rec | The Crimson White](<a href=“YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White”>YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White)</p>

<p>For more info:</p>

<p>urec.sa.ua.edu/fitness_discoveryseries.cfm</p>

<p>Thanks for the link.</p>

<p>Use of the pool area that is north of Rec Center is free.</p>

<p>Use of bikes to use around campus are free.</p>

<p>No, problem, m2ck.</p>

<p>I cannot of think of anything else that is not included in tuition that one may have ordinary thought otherwise.</p>

<p>And, of course, the Crimson Ride is free. :)</p>

<p>Airport shuttle - though not sure if those are ever free at other schools either…</p>

<p>m2ck - LOL on the belly dancing</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Seriously…I’m surprised they don’t set up seats outside the glass and charge for a spot.</p>