What are Bama students called?

<p>Someone asked me this question and I had no idea. Penn Staters are Nittany Lions, Duke students are Blue Devils, etc. - what are Bama students called, if anything?</p>

<p>Just curious. :-)</p>

<p>-Lisa</p>

<p>Not sure…maybe a Tider or Tiders? I don’t think a student is called a Crimson Tide.</p>

<p>I most often hear UA students referred to as the Crimson Tide (singular, never plural), but even that is rare. Beyond that, students are generally referred to as Alabama students, if anything.</p>

<p>When I read the title the name that popped in my mind was “winners”.</p>

<p>^^ Makes me think of Steely Dan’s Deacon Blues. “They’ve got a name for the winners in the world, I want a name when I lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues.”</p>

<p>Opposing teams have plenty of names for UA students and Alabama fans in general, but I won’t repeat them here… :0)</p>

<p>Opposing teams have plenty of names for UA students and Alabama fans in general, but I won’t repeat them here… :0)</p>

<p>And we call them, “sore losers.”</p>

<p>I love the team name, “Crimson Tide.” I like team names that are unique and you don’t have to add the school name to know which school you’re talking about. Everyone knows that the Fighting Irish are from ND, and the Nittany Lions are from Penn St. If you say “the Tigers,” who the heck knows which team that is?</p>

<p>I also like that the Crimson Tide has an attractive logo, nothing cartoonish or tacky.</p>

<p>Try explaining what a Hoosier, TarHeel or Gamecock are to someone who is not from “the area” :)</p>

<p>Some of the thoughts that crossed my mind after winners, national champions, etc were The Crimson Tide, Tide Pride and Crimson Chaos (which is a student group I think?) and of course some would say Bammer’s (Auburn has a name also)</p>

<p>^ what about the cartoon elephant?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>He’s Big Al.</p>

<p>I know, S already plans to get some pillows pets for his little girl cousins.</p>

<p>Smart…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>There you go! Tidalists. :)</p>

<p>Too funny!!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>How about Capstonians?</p>

<p>Thanks guys - I’ll go with winners. :slight_smile: (or maybe Tidalists? very clever!)</p>

<p>1+ Tidalists!</p>

<p>How about UAnians? (<yew-ay-nee-uns>)?</yew-ay-nee-uns></p>

<p>Too awkward?</p>

<p>Tiders, Bammers, and Gumps are a few names they’re called.</p>

<p>I actually like Gumps even though it’s supposed to be an insult.</p>