What are his chances?

<p>My brother's a junior right now, and wants to apply to UW next year. Assuming his stats remain the same, as they always have, what kind of chance do you think he has?</p>

<p>GPA Unweighted: 3.51
ACT: 30 w/ 10 writing
(Hasn't gotten SAT's back yet)
GPA Weighted: 4.0
- 6 years soccer (2 seasons each year = 12 seasons)
-3 musicals
-3 plays
- typical leadership committee stuff
-Tutor
-Voted "most likely to become a lawyer" by his sophomore class
- PT Job
- He did some stuff at a soup kitchen
- He Applied for an outreach program at UW this summer</p>

<p>His grades were the same in 9th and 10th grade, but then they shot up at the end of 10th.</p>

<p>Do you think he'll get in?</p>

<p>-BTW... I got flatly denied with almost IDENTICAL stats as him, but he had more passion in ECs as I had more of a "grocery list..." but with more activities.
Will the fact that I got denied have ANY impact on him? I really hope that he gets in :)</p>

<p>Sounds good to me. I have friends with lower test scores (28ish), higher GPAs though, who have gotten in. </p>

<p>I think he'll be fine. I doubt your rejection will have an effect. You're two different people.</p>

<p>Maintain the upward GPA trend. If possible, bump UW GPA to over 3.6 before he applies. Doing so will greatly enhance his chance. Does he plan soccer at college?</p>

<p>Not even a small chance someone would be likely to realize you're even related- unless he specifically made a point of telling them his older brother was denied recently.</p>