What are my chances at getting in to VT regular decision?

Public High School Senior in Connecticut

Weighted GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1330 (Math:750 Reading: 580)
10 Honors Classes, 5 AP classes

Currently taking: AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C, AP Economics (Macro and Micro), AP Statistics, Honors Engineering Tech, American Literature, and Short Fiction

-Captian of Varsity Baseball Team (4 Years)
-Captain of Varsity Ski Team(4 Years)
-Also ran track (2 years)
-Founding Member of local charity that raises thousands of dollars every year to help feed the homeless. (6 years)
-Volunteer Baseball Camp Councelor (4 years)
-Work all summer as a Caddie at a golf course (3 years)
-Math Honors Society
-Tutor kids in Math and Science Tutor

That Math score! No one can promise you anything but you are well within reach. It makes a difference at VA Tech what your prospective major is. They ask for a second major preference so many hopeful Engineering majors apply for University Studies as a second choice. Do all the essays. Good luck.

You should be fine if you are not planning to major in Engineering. VA Tech is a safety school for most of my son’s high school friends and their friends. Its acceptance rate is around 60%. Last year class at my son’s HS, 80% applied got in. Oh, we live in Northern VA.

You’re above average if you’re not doing Engineering. You may need to get good semester grades to make up for your GPA though.

I recently came across this page on the VA Tech website: http://www.ir.vt.edu/data/student/admissions.html which can provide some context to you on what type of numbers the prior years’ incoming freshmen had in your particular major, as well as other info.

For example, if you click on the “entering freshman profile by cohort”, you can do a search by college and then by major to see what the stats were on the entering freshman for that major. This includes GPA, SAT/ACT, gender, race, and the number of people enrolled as freshman in the major.

Through the “applications, offers, enrollees” link, you can see the number of applications they received, school wide or by college or by major, and how many enrolled.

Although these are just numbers and not definitive on what may happen with you, it may help you assess if you’re in the ballpark of people who enrolled in past years in your major. It is important to note, however, that people may have been accepted but not entered as freshman so this data is not all-inclusive as far as who was accepted.

Good luck!

I recently came across this page on the VA Tech website: http://www.ir.vt.edu/data/student/admissions.html which can provide some context to you on what type of numbers the prior years’ incoming freshmen had in your particular major, as well as other info.

For example, if you click on the “entering freshman profile by cohort”, you can do a search by college and then by major to see what the stats were on the entering freshman for that major. This includes GPA, SAT/ACT, gender, race, and the number of people enrolled as freshman in the major.

Through the “applications, offers, enrollees” link, you can see the number of applications they received, school wide or by college or by major, and how many enrolled.

Although these are just numbers and not definitive on what may happen with you, it may help you assess if you’re in the ballpark of people who enrolled in past years in your major. It is important to note, however, that people may have been accepted but not entered as freshman so this data is not all-inclusive as far as who was accepted.

Good luck!

ryan

ryannnnnn

ryannnnnn

Someone chance me!
White Female In-State but NOT from NOVA
3.7 GPA
1060 SAT (I know it’s low)
Legacy
100+ service hours
Cheerleading all 4 years of highschool
Clean disciplinary record
I applied to Criminology, hoping sense it’s not one of the more popular majors I’ll have a better chance with my SAT score:/ thank you!!