What are my chances at getting into UW-Madison?

My cumulative GPA is 3.97 weighted and a 3.6 unweighted. I just finished my first semester of junior year, with 5 ap classes and a 3.5unweighted and a 4.2 weighted gpa. My act score is a 25. I’m the NHS president, and student council vice president.

Anonymous
What are some things I can boost my chances of admissions? And do you think I’m on the right track.
Freshmen Year
Weighted GPA- 3.500 AP Human Geography (2 B’s), Algebra 2 (2 C’s), Physics (2 B’s), English 9 (2 A’s), Health (A), Physical Ed (A), Engineering (2 A’s), Spanish 1 (1 B) (1 C)
Unweighted GPA-3.214
Student Ambassador, Debate, Congress, 200 hours of community service, Published Essay, In program at UW Madison
Sophomore Year
Weighted- 4.285 AP U.S. History 2, Honors English 10, Geometry, Acting, Biology, PLTW, Spanish 2.
Unwighted- 4.0 (All A’s)
Class Rank- 3 of 119
Published 3 essay’s, student ambassador, High School Announcer, Track and Field, NHS, Leadership Program, In program at UW Madison
Junior Year (Ending 1st semester)
Weighted - 4.2 AP Macroeconomics ©, AP Calculus AB (B), AP Psychology (A), AP Capstone Seminar (A), AP English (A), Chemistry (A), Spanish 3 (A)
Unweighted- 3.5
Class Rank- 3 of 119
National Honor’s Society President, Student Council Vices President, 2 different leadership programs, Member of the Black Student Union, High School Announcer, In Program at UW Madison.
PSAT score 1060, ACT score 25.
I’m really trying to get into UW-Madison to get this 5 year tuition paid off. I’m a resident in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Any more suggestions to boost my review? I will be the first generation in my family to go to college as well.
Is this a great review of my 3 years into high school? I’m interested in majoring in Risk Management and Insurance.
Will I be a good applicant? If you were an admission counselor at UW Madison, would you consider me for acceptance? Waiting List? Also, will they look at my AP classes I took, because I could have gotten a 4.0, without having those AP. Will they see I challenged myself? I’m thinking about going for class rank #2. Do you think I should? The person who is #2, got a 4.05 weighted, and is taking only 3 AP Classes next year as a senior. Do you think I should go for #2, by taking 5 AP classes senior year?

UW looks at unweighted grades- you are expected to do well in those. You don’t know if you would have done the work to get A’s in regular classes either. UW does look at the rigor of your classes so doing tougher classes is good. However, you need to do well in them to be prepared for the rigors of UW.

Improving grades can offset a slow start in freshman year. The last year UW will see is your junior year, so far only a 3.5 per your post. You appear to have a rigorous schedule this year- do your best. Hopefully you can get a higher ACT score. Be sure extracurricular activities are not replacing study time.

Do not try to game the system to have a class rank. It is more important that you learn and acquire good study skills plus a firm knowledge foundation. There are many students who can do well taking many top courses. btw- study for AP exams and do well on them. Getting an A in a class does not mean you are well prepared for the AP exam unless you have good teaching. Look at what is expected for AP exams and learn the material not taught you if there are gaps.