What are my chances at med school as someone who's already graduated?

I’m an ORM turning 24 this year, working in an unrelated industry to STEM. I support myself and save about 1500 a month, with almost $50k in savings.

I went to a “top UC” and earned a 3.56 science GPA and a 3.81 cumulative GPA, with a major in economics.

I was a general chemistry lab and lecture TA, and I shadowed a GI doctor for 10-15 hours.

My science grades were as follows:

• General Chemistry Lecture/Lab: A/A
  • Organic Chemistry 1 Lecture/Lab: B-/A
  • Orgo 2 Lecture: P (will retake for a letter grade; this was during COVID)
  • Calc 1/Calc 2/Stats: B+ in all
  • Intro to Data Science: A

Any candid, but KIND, advice would be appreciated.

I know why I didn’t do well during college and plan to see a therapist about depression/ADHD/other learning disorders. I’ll hire a tutor.

I’m perfectly fine with being a DO if that’s what it takes and am totally fine being a PCP; I know I’m an idiot and that specialties like dermatology are out of my reach.

I was humbled multiple times in high school with my 3.95/4.8 and 2240 whereas I had genius friends with 4.0’s and 2300’s.

1 Like

I dont think anyone can opine until you complete the other prereqs-bio, maybe physics and psych , and take the MCAT

That’s very true. I still need biology, physics, Orgo 2, and biochemistry. However, I was thinking that maybe some people would say, “LOL, you really think you have a chance with a B- in Orgo 1 when my DD got a 4.0 and only got into a DO school?”

Oh, I also forgot to include that I got an A in human physiology.

Closing thread for reasons well known to the OP.

3 Likes