What are my chances at these schools?

I have a 3.5 GPA, (my school doesn’t do AP or class rank because it’s a super tiny private school) and a very strong essay as well as strong recommendations. I also have good extracurriculars.

does anyone know my chances at getting into vassar, bryn mawr, and oberlin if i applied ED to one of them? i’m trying to figure out which i would have the best shot at.

Nobody can chance you based on this info alone. Would colleges recognize your school as grade-deflated? You need to ask the college counselor at your school how students with your GPA typically do at these colleges. A 3.5 from a typical high school would probably not be strong enough for these colleges, but your school may be different.

Test scores would help a little in terms of “chancing” but you still need school-specific advice.

Why these colleges in particular? What do you want to study? If you explain what you’re looking for, people here can help to suggest additional options with similar attributes.

4 Likes

I agree we need more info.

Have you taken 4 years of courses in each core area (eng, sci, soc studies, math, foreign language)?

What proportion of your classes have been honors (if that’s offered)?

What is your class rank? (Estimate it if your school doesn’t provide it)

ACT/SAT Test scores?

What are your ECs?

Home state?

Will you be applying for financial aid? If so, what can/will your family pay per year of college?

1 Like

According to the most recent CDS published by each of these schools:

1. Vassar
  • ED admit rate of 38.6% (363/940)
  • RD admit rate of 16.9% (1766/10472)
  • Overall admit rate for men 25.8% / women 15.8%
  1. Bryn Mawr
  • Overall admit rate 30.7% (1105/3594)

BMC did not provide ED data in the CDS…

1. Oberlin
  • ED admit rate 44.2% (260/588)
  • RD admit rate 33.8% (3379/10009)
  • Overall admit rate for men 30.5% / Women 37.1%

Takeaways:

• Vassar is slightly harder to get into than Oberlin or BMC
  • Vassar is an especially tough admit for women
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.