What are my chances at UA?

<p>I was just wondering what my chances were for getting in the University of Alabama. I am am in out of state junior with a 89.962 numerical average, ran xc freshman year and will likely be on swim team all 4 years. I took the ACT in September and got a 24 with an 8 on the writing. I hope to test again a few more times and bring that up. Finally, I am taking my first honors class this year as a junior and will likely take an AP or two next year so my courses have not really been extremely rigorous. If anyone would chance me it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!</p>

<p>I think you are sitting in a good position. I am sure with a little tutoring, you can get your ACT up. You have plenty of time. Take a class, get practice books, and work at it. There is no reason you won’t improve. Your GPA is fine…</p>

<p>You’re pretty much assured because you have a good GPA and your ACT is above the minimum req’d.</p>

<p>However, if you get a better score, you’ll be better. </p>

<p>Right now, your GPA is a 3.4 GPA…if you get your ACT up (and take the SAT), you’d have a chance at the Honors College.</p>

<p>Get some tutoring at get an even better score on the SAT/ACT and keep up the GPA, and you’ll be good. Do some extracurricular stuff, too. But overall, you’re in a good position right now.</p>

<p>You have a good chance, but I suggest you go to community college first and then transfer.</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>No. He doesn’t have to go to a CC first. I wouldn’t advise that at all. It’s harder to transition to a big school when you don’t start as a frosh. </p>

<p>His current stats are fine to be accepted.</p>

<p>Thanks very much for the replies! About how many points do you guys think I should bring up my ACT to be on the safe side?</p>

<p>I think you’re ok as it is, but bringing it up is always good because you might get some scholarship money that way…and/or admission into honors.</p>

<p>I’ll definitley work harder to bring it up. Thanks again!</p>