What are my chances at Virginia tech mechanical engineering?

I’m a junior right now and I have an uw gpa of 3.3 and w of 3.9. My sat is a 1390. What are my chance to get into the Virginia tech engineering program. What about Purdue too?

Bump. The SAT requirements look ridiculously low, leading me to believe they have a very weak arts program or something. Same question, I have a 3.8 and a 1480.

3.8 w or uw

I’m a sophomore ME student at Tech. It’s hard to say with just a GPA and an SAT, but I would definitely recommend trying to raise your GPA and taking the SAT again.

@bunkmeister is right - admissions stats and average SATs are pulled down by our ho-hum liberal arts programs. Engineering and architecture are significantly more competitive and admissions rates are only dropping.

In general, you should be trying to check the usual boxes for a college app - extracurriculars, GPA, SAT/ACT score, leadership opportunities etc. Right now its certainly very possible for you to get it, especially with good extracurriculars (being in-state helps too), but without those things it might be a slight reach.