What are my chances for a UC college? (UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UC Davis)

Ok my GPA is 4.18 and my SAT is 1370 and my ACT is 28. I have a 720 SAT subject test
My extracurriculars:
4 years: Key Club, Club Ed (art officer), HSA, Civil Air Patrol (from sixth grade to freshmen year and I was a staff sergeant)
3 years: CSF
2 years: NHS (treasurer) Concert Choir
I have done two internships-one at a pet adoption center and one at a hospital
I participated in the 2019 Junior Breakthrough Challenge but I doubt I won anything
I do tutoring for the HSA program and for my chemistry class.

I forgot to add that I’m a senior and this is pretty much it what I’m putting on my resume unless I do something before college apps are due senior year and I did badminton for three years

You’ll need to figure out what your 3 UC GPAs are yo get a better idea. Take a look at the UC General forum to see what others put down as far as courses taken and rigor.

UC GPA calculator: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/
Intended major? Any EC’s prior to HS are not considered. HS course rigor such as AP/IB or DE courses? You need to identify a couple of safety schools before focusing your target and reach schools.

I took four aps my junior year (ap chem, ap calc ab, ap english, apush), I took one more over the summer (ap gov) and I’m planning on taking four more my senior year (ap mandarin, ap calc bc, ap psych, ap econ). I intend to go maybe under a math major or nursing major.

Is 4.18 your capped weighted UC GPA? Intended major?

Some UC Statistical data if your Capped weighted GPA is in the 3.8-4.19 range and not major specific. The more competitive the major, the lower the admit rate:
UCB: 10%
UCLA: 9%
UCSD: 34%
UCSB: 38%
UCD: 41%
UCI: 38%
UCSC: 70%
UCR: 84%
UCM: 95%
2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

25th - 75th percentiles for ACT:
UCB: 30-35
UCLA: 31-35
UCSD: 28-34
UCSB: 28-34
UCD: 26-33
UCI: 26-33
UCSC: 26-32
UCR: 22-30
UCM: 19-26

My capped GPA is 4.20

With a capped UC GPA of 4.2 or higher, your chances are better but it still will depend upon your overall application. Do you plan to retake the SAT or ACT? Your test scores are within range but for the best chances you want to be above the 50th percentile and above the 75th is the sweet spot.

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 37%
UCLA: 41%
UCSD: 70%
UCSB: 80%
UCD: 89%
UCI: 75%
UCSC: 92%
UCR: 96%
UCM: 98%

Do my extracurriculars not help me?

Yes, your EC’s can help you but this area is subjective so it all depends upon the person reading your application and how well your EC’s will be received. I am not an admissions officer so all I can do for any student asking for their chances is to list UC admit statistical data and maybe offer some tips or advice to help with the application process. Apply widely, identify 2 solid safety schools and form the rest of your list with target and reach schools.

Here is some application review information by campus:

• DAVIS
  •   Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores

•   Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work

•   Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, State residency, Work experience

•   Note: Scholastic achievement most important, followed by school and community activities, academic interests, special circumstances, special achievements and awards

Admission decisions are made based upon the qualifications of the applicant pool and the number of available spaces within each academic area:
    • College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences admits by college
    • College of Biological Sciences admits by college
    • College of Letters and Science admits by division within the college
    • (Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Social Sciences)
    • College of Engineering admits by academic department
    Students applying as “undeclared” or “undeclared/exploratory” are considered within the college/division to which they applied.
  •   IRVINE

•   Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Extracurricular activities, Level of applicant's interest, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience

•   Important: Character/personal qualities, Class rank

•   Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, State residency

•   Note: Demonstrated record of academic preparation, educational engagement, talent and skills important.

• Freshman Selection:
    UCI admits into the University first and then into the major. In the case that UCI is unable to accommodate all qualified applicants in their first-choice major, those students who indicate a valid alternate major may be offered admission in that major or Undeclared.
    • LOS ANGELES
  •   Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores

•   Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience

•   Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, AP/IBHL exam scores

•   Note: GPA, test scores, course work, number of and performance in honors and AP courses most important. Essay considered. Strong senior program important. Extracurricular activities, honors and awards also reviewed.

For the College of Letters and Science, the applicant’s major is not considered during the review process. The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science admits students by declared major, with more emphasis on science and math programs. The School of Nursing also places more emphasis on science and math programs and requires the submission of an additional supplemental application. The School of the Arts and Architecture; Herb Alpert School of Music; and the School of Theater, Film and Television admit students by declared major (within the school), and put more emphasis on special talents through a review of portfolios and/or auditions, which are the most significant admission factors for these schools.
  • SAN DIEGO

•   Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, State residency, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience

•   Note: High school course pattern, GPA, essay and test scores most important. Admission for out-of-state applicants more selective than for residents.

The campus does not admit students on the basis of academic major or choice of UC San Diego undergraduate college. Alternate majors are considered. Also note: Capped majors require additional pre-req courses
    and specific GPA to be able to qualify if changing majors.

If you are applying for Nursing at UCLA and UCI, you are looking at around a 2-4% acceptance rate so retaking the ACT or SAT and aiming for a 32+ ACT or 1400+ SAT would make you a more competitive candidate. The internship at a hospital will help with Nursing school admissions especially when filling out the Nursing supplement.

You also realize that UCLA and UCI are the only UC’s that offer a Nursing major??