What are my chances for College Station?

<p>Hello! Can someone please tell me if I have a chance at A&M in the fall 2013? I would also be happy with a Blinn TEAM offer. Please give me my chances at both. My first choice major is Aerospace engineering and I plan to be in the Corps of Cadets.</p>

<p>GPA 3.08
ACT 22
SAT 490m 470r 420w
RANK 98/244
I am retaking the SAT in November after much studying. I am hoping for close to a 600 on both math and reading.</p>

<p>I have asked two of my teachers to write me letters of recommendation and will mail those in at the beginning of November.</p>

<p>EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Basketball - freshman team - 9th grade
Key club - 12th grade
I am in the process of volunteering at a local aviation business that helps train future pilots. I should start my volunteering sometime this week. I thought this would look good since my first choice major is Aerospace engineering. </p>

<p>I am going for a campus visit October 29th. I plan on having a prospective student session, talking with corps representatives, and touring the Aerospace engineering department. In November I am going to try to attend "spend the night with the corps" in order to show more interest.</p>

<p>I plan on applying near the beginning of November. I am writing all three essays and I will try to make them perfect.</p>

<p>Please give me your opinion and also tell me what I can do to better improve my chances of acceptance. Thanks!</p>

<p>I will just be honest. If you are not in top 25% then you would need to have very high test scores. Don’t think you would have any chance at Engineering. You might want to apply to Blinn and transfer later.</p>

<p>Do you think if I went to Blinn and transferred I would have a shot at Aerospace engineering?</p>

<p>I am also taking Dual Credit classes an will graduate high school with 9 hours. I don’t know if this makes a difference or not.</p>

<p>Qwopaskl: It would be good if you could talk to someone at Blinn to see if:</p>

<p>A. There’s any point in applying to TAMU and hoping for BlinnTeam
B. If you can just enroll at Blinn, meet the standards for transfer and be guaranteed transfer into TAMU.</p>

<p>[Transfer</a> Articulation Program (TAP)](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/TAP/default.aspx]Transfer”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/TAP/default.aspx)</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply! Those will defiantly be questions I ask when I go visit the 29th!</p>

<p>Apply to TAMU!! There is nothing to lose… just 60 bucks.
I think hoping for engineering with that score is a HUUGEEE stretch though. </p>

<p>I had almost the same ACT score, lots of community service, higher GPA but not crazy high, 2 foreign languages, and I was 17% rank in HS. </p>

<p>I was admitted to the Blinn TEAM program, which I’m LOVING so much.<br>
you will feel like a full TAMU student, with the perks of paying less!
Perhaps try considering another major … I don’t know. Like cromette said, talk to someone, but preferably some adviser from TAMU and ask them about Blinn TEAM. </p>

<p>Best of lucks!</p>

<p>affodil, if you don’t mind me asking, what major did you apply for and what is your race(I don’t mean to offend you so I’m very sorry if I do)</p>

<p>Okay thanks so much! Ill apply for sure! Hopefully my SAT test I’m taking November 3rd will improve my scores! I REALLY want Aerospace Engineering… Maybe I can put an easier second choice major… Maybe if I get accepted I can change my major?</p>

<p>FYI choice of major has no effect what so ever on your admission chances. All that is required is a 26 on the ACT math or SAT 570 and you are good as gold. Good luck ;D</p>

<p>I’m Caucasian, domestic foreigner.
I put History major as first choice, and you are not offending me in any way!</p>

<p>hate to say it, but i don’t think you have a chance of getting into a&m. your class rank is low and your test scores are low. </p>

<p>i would plan on starting out at blinn.</p>

<p>the corps angle might help you, though, i don’t know.</p>

<p>Thanks for your opinion! I’ve got a fall back school, UT Arlington. Does anyone know if this school has a good aerospace engineering program? I’ve already been accepted.</p>

<p>Hey Qwopaskl!
I am in a very similar situation as yours. I too fall out of the top 25%, and want to go for aerospace engineering. I’m also interested in the Corps of Cadets-I want to work for the Air Force upon graduating.
I guess it’s going to be a long, anxious trip for us.
Let’s hope for the best. Good luck to you man!</p>

<p>Oh wow! Well hopefully ill see you in the fall!</p>

<p>I just completed a practice SAT test. I scored 500m 530r and 500w
I have been able to increase my reading and writing scores but I can’t seem to get my math out of the 490-500 area!</p>

<p>Math is all about practice. The more you practice, the higher score you can get. The questions in the front are just really basic algebra/geometry. Don’t think to much on them; they are not complicated at all. If you can get them right, 600 is possible. however, the question in the back are kind of tricky. You need to read question very carefully. If you can get the answers without doing lots of steps. It’s likely that you are wrong. I suggest you to memorize the questions that you did wrong. They will pay you off when you take the actual SAT. Good luck</p>

<p>I took the SAT this morning! I feel pretty good about it! I will post my scores when they come in. Thanks!</p>

<p>I got my new sat scores.
540m
520cr
510w</p>