What are my chances for ED Engineering?

<p>Hi, I am applying Early Decision to VT's Engineering program. I have been told by my counselor that I have an extremely high change of being accepted, but I'd love to see what others think. </p>

<p>I'm from the NoVa area.</p>

<p>GPA: 4.07 weighted
SAT: 1420 (690 Math / 730 Reading) 2070 Total.</p>

<p>Current Courses: AP Calculus BC, AP Comparative Governement, AP Economics, AP Physics C, English 12 HN</p>

<p>AP Scores: Computer Science (5), World History (5), US History (4), Lang (3)</p>

<p>Activities: Varsity Tennis Team since freshman year, FIRST Robotics team since freshman year.</p>

<p>Legacy(?): My older brother ( he is currently a sophomore ) attends VT and is in the Engineering program. He also applied ED and had around the same grades as me two years ago.</p>

<p>In your opinion, what are my chances of being accepted ED into VT's Engineering program?</p>

<p>I’d say you are likely to be accepted. I’m not sure how the counselor defined “extremely high” since there are many applicants to VT Engineering with your stats. But, VT has the largest engineering school in Virginia so I’m assuming that you will be accepted.</p>

<p>Thank you! To answer your question, I think my counselor was using the statistics she has of all the people from my high school who applied to VT and got in, as well as her knowledge from being a counselor for many years.</p>

<p>Yeah your in</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>You should be in …good luck!</p>