What are my chances for UC engineering

Hi

Middle of Senior year, and I’m wondering what to expect in the upcoming months when decisions come out in March. I choose Aerospace engineering for the colleges that offered it, the rest electrical engineering. I was wondering if anyone could give me an honest opinion about my chances of being admitted (safety, match, reach scale would help). Thanks.

ACT Composite: 32 (w/ 35 Math)

GPA UW: ~3.7
GPA UC weighted: 4.1

SAT 2 Math: 740
SAT 2 Chem: 730

Taken 7 AP classes during high school
-3 junior year
-Calc AB - 5
-Chemistry - 3
-Computer Science - 3
-4 senior year
-Calc BC
-Physics C
-Literature
-Comparative Gov/Econ

Extracurriculars
-Athletics all 4 years, captain 2 years
-CSF all 4 years
-Math Team (with some local awards)
-Non-paid internship with an HVAC Technician the summer before senior year (which I hope helps considering it is related to engineering in a way)
-Volunteered for 150+ hours, worked with children
-Play some instruments (esp piano where I passed CM lvl Advanced)

Awards
-Scholar Athlete
-AP Scholar
-Some Math team stuff

Other Details:
State: California
Race: White
First Generation (kind of)
School: Extremely Competitive High School
Income Bracket: $80,000

I think that my essay were extremely well written, probably the best pieces of work I have ever written. I would like some input from other people. Thanks in advance!!!

bump

Your test scores are competitive, GPA could be a bit higher since you are applying for Engineering. Your Internship could help and hopefully your essays are well received.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12%-Reach
UCLA: 14%-Reach
UCSD: 39%-Low Reach
UCSB: 49%- High Match
UCD: 52%- High Match
UCI: 57%- Match
UCSC: 83%- Low Match-Safety
UCR: 90%- Safety
UCM: 92%- Safety

Good Luck.

Thanks Gumbymom for your input. I just hope that UC admissions will see that I go to such a competitive school and will hopefully cut me some slack regarding my GPA.

Sports also takes a lot of time out of my day (like at least 4 hours a day), so I hope admissions will understand.

Bump, any other comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Unless you are at a high level and being recruited as an athlete, I don’t think your sports time makes much difference. Many UC applicants are in the same boat with about 3 to 4 hours a day and maybe 1/2 day to a day on the weekends if there is a game, meet (track) or match (tennis)

Well at least it will be a pretty good extracurricular activity. Any other comments would be nice…

Well… if you’re interested
Accepted: UCR, UCSC
Waitlisted: UCSD, UCSB, UCI
Rejected: UCLA, UCD, UCB(probably)
Feels bad, hope I get into NYU, so many applicants this year

Did you do something about your waitlisted school? I hope you did. And I hope you got into NYU.