What are my chances? I'm nervous...

<p>SAT: 1770
Math: 610
Reading: 600
Combined M+R: 1210
Writing: 560</p>

<p>GPA:3.36
Class Rank: Top 27% (202/730)</p>

<p>Plenty of extracurricular: National Honor Society, Student Council, Girl Scouts, Key Club, Environmental Club, Senior Women, Asian Club. Held leadership positions in student council (Was elected freshman class representative and sophomore class representative) and girl scouts (elected treasurer). Have 200+ hours of volunteer/community service.</p>

<p>Also I took a lot of AP classes: us history ap, calculus ap, chemistry 2 ap, environmental science ap, english 3 ap, english 4 ap, etc.</p>

<p>I'm coming from Houston, Texas so in-state.</p>

<p>Howdy Amanda!</p>

<p>I’m from Houston, TX also, and I am currently a Sophomore at Texas A&M.</p>

<p>I was ranked 242 out of 747 (~32%) when I applied for Texas A&M awhile back. I did have similar SAT scores to you though, and about a 28 out of 36 ACT score (take the ACT if you haven’t, I personally thought it was MUCH easier). As for AP classes, it looks good that you are challenging yourself. I took many APs myself, but make sure you try your best in those courses and take the AP exams. To be completely honest with you, anything can happen. I was actually offered Blinn TEAM (if you haven’t heard about that, it is where you enroll at both Texas A&M and a community college called Blinn that’s close to A&M), and I took up that offer because it was cheaper and I decided I wanted to go to A&M in the end. I was fully admitted to A&M after 1 year on BlinnTEAM, so it wasn’t horrible. I made sure to keep my GPA above a 3.5 and what not. </p>

<p>It’s going to be a waiting game. A&M might either just accept you, tell you you’re on a waiting list, or flat out deny you. All you can do is wait and hope for the best. I remember how annoying it was to wait months and months for an answer, so good luck to you, and try not to worry too much (:</p>