What are my chances of admittance?

<p>My GPA is not stellar, and I am just outside the top 25% of my class, but my test scores are pretty good, so I was wondering how likely I am to be offered admission into TAMU.</p>

<p>GPA: Weighted: 3.91 (My school doesn't calculate unweighted)
Class Rank: 193/697 (27.7% [disqualifies me for auto-admit unfortunately])
SAT Scores: 730 Reading, 740 Math, 760 Writing, 2230/2400
ACT Scores: 36 English, 35 Math, 34 Reading, 36 Science, 35 Composite
I am also a 2013 National Merit semifinalist</p>

<p>I am an immigrant from Asia, if that matters at all, but a Texas resident for several years.</p>

<p>My first choice major is Political Science, second choice is economics.</p>

<p>Since my GPA isn't high enough for auto-admit, how likely am I to be accepted?</p>

<p>I should also mention that by the end of Senior year I will have taken 11 AP courses.</p>

<p>You’ll be FINE.</p>

<p>I think the reason why I got my supposedly-full major (A&M informed someone that it was full) was because I was a Semifinalist.</p>

<p>Did you move here before your sophomore year?</p>

<p>Great scores by the way!</p>

<p>Thank you! I actually attended half of fifth grade and all of Junior High and High school in the same district in Texas, so I’ve been here almost 8 years now. I was kinda hoping that the test scores would balance out the low GPA. I was kind of worried because GPA/Class Rank seems like a huge factor in admissions decisions.</p>

<p>Have you called the NMF counselor’s at A&M? They can be reached by calling admissios and asking for that specific individual. Let them know of your interest in A&M. They can be quite helpful and might cut through some of the application red tape. Good luck.</p>

<p>how can you be an NMSF and not even top 25%???</p>