What are my chances of getting accepted as a transfer stundent into TAMU?

Hello I’m looking to transfer from Collin College in Plano, Tx. I’m really interested in going for the College of Architecture as a construction science major or University studies architecture. I’ve finished my apply Texas application and I’m almost done with both topic A and topic C essays. In my opinion these two essays are really really good as I’ve had so many people, teachers, and professors help me out on it. I’m planning to send recommendation letters as well with my applications. I’ve worked as a commercial painter with my uncle for almost 4 years now and developed good relationships with many superintendents, projects managers, other painting company owners/presidents from many of DFWs top construction companies. I’ve asked 20 different people and they’ve all said yes (idk if I should actually send all 20 but if I need to I will). I have 47 credit hours and I’m almost done w the core curriculum and have the required math they’re asking for but not the science. The only downside from my application is that my college gpa is 2.67 it’s such a low gpa but I’ve had to work so many hours helping my uncle in his company that it was affecting my studies. Hoping to get into A&M and basically get a fresh start on my gpa with all the money I’ve saved up I plan on not getting a job and focusing only on school.

Also planning to send everything this week or by the latest next Monday. Obviously I have backup school but the construction science program in A&M is probably one of if not the best construction program in the Nation. Just hoping to get a chance to pursue a degree in construction as I really enjoy it and have experience in it.

It’s unlikely you’ll get into A&M with that GPA, realistically. Try UTSA, they have a good construction management program. There’s also UTEP as well. Good luck!

Agree @ArkBornTexasRaised That GPA will kill your chances. And without having the required science done, will not be in your favor. TAMU will not want any more than 2 LORs, so don’t send any more than that, it won’t look good for you. Your work experience is great and you’ll do well wherever you go. Strong work ethic will get you more places than just a degree at TAMU. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Tarleton State University is part of the A&M system and it’s about an hour away from Plano. They have construction science as well. I went there for my masters, and it’s a great school.