What are my chances of getting into Alabama?

Hello everyone,
I am a current junior in the San Francisco Bay Area and one of my college choices so far is Bama. What are my chances of getting in with these grades.

Freshman Year:
B+
B
B
A-
B
A

B-
B
B-
B
C-
A-

Sophomore Year:
B
B
B-
B
B
A-

B
B+
B-
C
C+
A-

Junior Year (So Far):
A
B
B-
B-
A

My total non-weighted GPA is 3.2 and my PSAT from last year as we haven’t gotten our new scores yet is 980 and I have’t taken the ACT yet.

So with all this in mind, do you think that I would have a decent chance of being accepted next year?

Thanks!

GPA looks fine-ish. Could be better but you know how it is. One thing I’ll note: you’re a junior, meaning you have a lot of time to work on grades (I don’t think many colleges do the B- vs B+ stuff).

980 PSAT isn’t great, and it would give you pretty slim odds of getting in, but improve that a bit and you’re within the flip-a-coin range. While probably a reach at the moment, you seem to be dedicated enough to be improving scores and such.

For reference, most colleges take the December ACT (or SAT, do not remember… don’t quote me on this lol) of your senior year. My sophomore ACT and senior ACT are two different ballparks.

If you applied right now, would be difficult. But it looks like you’re improving grades and have a lot of time to catch up on standardized test scores (these are the main two criteria. Humans like numbers.) Don’t count yourself as admitted yet but you can get in - especially if you start looking at a 1200 sat rather than a 980.

Merit scholarships start at 1280: https://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out-of-state.php. You can get there.

I agree, you can do it! My dd did not do well at all on the PSAT. She opted to take the ACT and did well enough to earn herself a merit scholarship. Good Luck to you and keep studying!

Thanks for your responses. I’m going to continue to try and raise my grades and I’m pretty sure I did better on this PSAT than last year but I need to wait until December 11th to see my scores.