What are my chances of getting into Electrical Engineering program at TAMU fall 2014

<p>I am currently trying to transfer from Texas Tech University to TAMU. My admission decision was postponed until i submit my spring transcripts before june 1st. Currently i have a 3.3 GPA with a C in english 1. Other than that i would have had a 3.65 GPA. I have and A in calc and all my engineering courses and a B in chem. currently i am taking physics, calc 2. And 2 other engr courses along with english in the summer. I currently have As in all my engr courses and maths. I will end up with a B in chem lab ( i know it was an easy A but i lost my lab book haha) and a B in physics. The minimum GPA from a university is a 3.0+ and a 3.5+ from a junior college. I want to know because it is closer to my home town and would be nice to be closer to family. doMy people get accepted after review? And are my chances higher because i am coming from a university? ( i love TTU its an amazing school btw just far). Also does being hispanic and a first generation college student give me an advantage?</p>

<p>Anything will be greatly appreciated! Thank you</p>

<p>Do people*</p>

<p>Normally a 3.7+ GPA for Engineering is competitive. Now, that being said… your most important classes are your Calculus, Chem, Phys, and Engineering classes (they don’t look at the other classes as needed “A’s” as much as the others… Also, youre going to have to send in your Spring transcript right when you get it… you can’t wait until after your summer courses are done. So really, your summer courses will not be considered for admission (they will transfer). </p>

<p>And also…hometown, family, race, etc has no impact on your admission. This is the reason Texas does the top 10% rule… that’s our “diversity” thing for enrollment. As a transfer student, they strictly look at your GPA…nothing else really. Also, if you do really well this Spring and in the Summer, and get denied for Fall admission… I’d try again for the following Spring. </p>

<p>You may not get accepted though because Phys 2 and Calc 2 are pretty important for acceptance. </p>

<p>Well its worth a shot! Thanks for the replies, honestly I wouldnt bother waiting a semester and transferring in the spring I have no problem bein at TTU. When i hear back ill get back to you guys! I appreciate the replies and enjoy getting other input from yall and anyone else out there! </p>

<p>I talked to TAMU advisor told me to be in the range of a 3.3 - 3.5 and ill have a good chance because I’m coming from a university. But you never know haha they could have 20 spots left and people with a 4.0 will take em but its all good!</p>

<p>I also applied to TAMU for fall 2014 for civil engineering. my GPA is 3.87, straight As in cal 1/2, Chem 1/2, composition 1/2, history 1/2, the only grade I got wasn’t an A was a C in my first govt class. My admission decision is postponed too. But I am transferring from a community college.
Good luck! </p>

<p>Hey you to man! Hope your hard work pays off good luck!</p>