What are my chances of getting into Texas A&M?

<p>1730 SAT
560 Reading
510 Math
660 Writing</p>

<p>-3.3 GPA
-AP and Pre-Ap Classes
-4 years varsity wrestling
-Captain my senior year
-Eagle Scout
-2 years working at Chick-fil-a
-2 years of football</p>

<p>My math score sucks..but I got in the 92% percentile on writing. I know A&M doesn't use the writing section for admissions, but will they even look at my writing score?</p>

<p>its all about what your class rank is:
if top 25% then you have a chance, otherwise it will be verrrrrryy difficult.</p>

<p>My class rank is top 33%. I am exactly in the top 3rd.</p>

<p>A 1070 M/CR SAT and top 33% probably won’t cut it. A&M doesn’t look at your writing score. Have you tried taking the ACT? Your chances are not looking good atm.</p>

<p>agreed. 33% makes it highly unlikely.</p>

<p>You have a chance at Gateway or Blinn TEAM.</p>

<p>You have similar stats to me…I got Blinn TEAM.</p>

<p>^^note I was only talking about regular admission and not considering Blinn</p>

<p>still apply for sure because there is always a chance!</p>

<p>Since you are an Eagle Scout, have you considered joining the Corps? They have special events for Eagle Scouts to check them out. That would probably your top bet to get in, if you don’t raise your scores considerably. Good luck and Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Honestly, I wasn’t even in the top 3rd of my class and i got in.</p>

<p>It mostly depends on what major you are trying to get into because some are more competitive that others.</p>

<p>your best chance of getting in if you don’t know exactly what you are wanting to major in is to go in undecided. It will give you the best chance of getting in.</p>

<p>The general consensus has been that you are admitted to the university first before you are admitted to you major therefore going undecided will not help your chances. However, if you choose to go corps, your chances will be helped dramatically especially in your case.</p>

<p>stats are kind of low</p>

<p>best to apply early as lower stats get accepted more with early applications.</p>

<p>a&m doesn’t look at writing, but they do require you to take it.</p>

<p>Prime145: I think with average scores and grades it is going to come down to your class rank, which at 33% is still just average. It would be important to show interest to A&M, showing interest means campus visits, attending camps/events for high school students, visiting the college of your interest, etc. There are specific events on the A&M application, with just average stats it is going to be important you have as many ‘checks in the box’ as possible on that part of the application. And as others have said - it is important you apply early, and do the optional essay - maybe on topic of why you want to be an Aggie.
Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>**** the suggestion you take the ACT is a very good one. Some just do better on ACT and A&M doesnt care. I would suggest you take ACT asap!</p>

<p>If you don’t get in, one viable option is going to A&M Galveston for a year. If you make a 2.5, the first year, you are automatic to get into A&M College Station, and your options on degree programs are not as limited as your not considered a true transfer student - like if you went to Blinn. My nephew just did this and loved it. He’ll be a sophomore at A&M in the fall. Galveston is a smaller school, but still with lots of Aggie Spirit. Good luck.</p>

<p>I have the same question, take a look at my credentials. Idk how to link y’all to my question (I’m new to this) but my username is Tuwood</p>