What are my chances of getting into Virginia Tech?

After my junior year of HS:

• GPA: 3.42
  • ACT: 28 (I didn’t take the SAT)
  • EC: Varsity football 4 years. Varsity lacrosse 2 years. Varsity track and field 2 years.
  • Leadership: Football captain
  • Clubs: East Latino’s (raises awareness about ICE), Freedom Project (raises awareness about modern-day slavery), and House of Crafts (works with kids at Ronald McDonald house)
  • Community service: over 150 hours
  • CTE Honors Society
  • Legacy
  • Recommendation from my mom's boss

***I am applying for the business school. I know the Engineering school is extremely competitive so I thought it would be important to note that I’m applying for a less competitive department.

Do I have any chance of getting into VT? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you are absolutely sure VT is what you want and your family has run NPC and can afford it, apply ED. VT has become very competitive, so ED would be your best shot.

I know of people with the same GPA and a 1340 SAT who didn’t get into their business school this year, if I were you I would definitely apply ED if you know that is exactly where you want to go. Take advantage of the fact that Virginia Tech offers Early Decision which will probably get you admitted.

Your extra curriculars are good and. Your GPA (if weighted) is very low, I know people this year with 3.8s that didn’t get in to the business school. You need to make up for this by having 3 great essays and applying ED. you may get deferred and accepted during RD wave like I did this year but you have a better chance of getting in in general

Thank you all for your responses! I forgot to add that I plan to apply ED. Good to know that this will boost my chances!

Wait is this your weighted or unweighted GPA?