What are my chances to get into Texas A&M Engineering in College Station?

Hi everyone,

I am an incoming HS Senior at a 6A Texas high school.
I am really hoping to get into Texas A&M Engineering, hoping for Chem Eng, but I am concerned about the holistic review process.
Let me know what you think my chances are and if there is anything I can do to improve my chances.
Here are my stats:

Top 5% of class of over 600 students
1380 SAT (630 English, 750 math)
AP Test scores:
AP Chem 5
AP Calculus 4
AP World Hist 4
AP Physics 3

3 year varsity cross country runner
4 years in upper level orchestra
first alternate all region orchestra
member of numerous organizations and extracurriculars

Thanks in advance!

top 5% of your class as an in state student almost guarantees you admission into Texas A&M. If you boost your SAT score to a 1470ish, UT Austin sounds good too.

Being in the top 5% of your class makes you an automatic admit for A&M, getting into engineering at College Station is quite a bit harder, which you seem to know. Your SAT score should be high enough to get you in though. I think if I were you, I would go ahead and apply early but plan to retake the sat on the next opportunity and study a bit more for it to try to bring your score up to a 1400 which I think would pretty much guarantee getting at college station. As far as getting into chem engineering, all A&M engineering students start out in general engineering. You apply for you major at the end of freshman year. If you have a 3.5 or higher gpa then you are guaranteed your first choice.

@brl2000 you are an auto admit to both A&M and UT with a top 5% class rank. engineering at A&M primarily looks at your math scores. You should be fine.

Admit - Yes on both A&M and UT
ChemE - Yes A&M and Maybe ChemE
Base on students with similar stat from our school (6A Texas high school)
1380 SAT is little low.