What are my chances?

<p>2.78 GPA at a Catholic high school in a northern state. Did poorly freshman year but have been bringing up the grades since. </p>

<p>4 years of language, math, science, social studies, English and religion. Also have taken electives to make a full schedule every year. A couple of honors classes but no APs.</p>

<p>SATs are 1510/2400.</p>

<p>Is this enough to get in, or if not, what SAT score would be necessary with this GPA?</p>

<p>If you apply now, you’d very likely be accepted. Bama is more lenient at the beginning of the app season…and you have an upward trend. :)</p>

<p>Would it be worth applying now if I could get a better SAT score on the November test and apply after that?</p>

<p>No, apply NOW. </p>

<p>Bama will NOT reject you even if it thinks your current score is too low. It would wait to see if you test again. So, there’s NO RISK to applying now…the risk is only if you apply later.</p>

<p>Your best chance is to apply now…because if you apply LATER and your score doesn’t improve, you lose the early app advantage.</p>

<p>Seriously, if you apply now, you will likely be admitted with your current stats since it’s early.</p>

<p>BTW…did you include your religion grade in your GPA? If so, that’s fine…Bama accepts religion grades in GPA…if you didn’t, add that back in.</p>

<p>BTW…what is your M+CR score?</p>

<p>1010 for M+CR.</p>

<p>Thanks very much for the fast response!</p>

<p>Okay, I applied. How long will it take for them to send me a response if I am accepted? If I do not get anything should I assume that they are waiting for November SAT scores?</p>

<p>Did you send your scores and your transcript? </p>

<p>Once you know that the school has EVERYTHING, if you’re accepted with your current scores, you’ll know within a few weeks. If Bama is waiting to see better scores, then contact your area rep to check on things to find out what they want…sometimes they just want a writing sample and/or teacher rec.</p>

<p>Alright, everything is sent. Will they really make a decision within a few weeks?</p>

<p>If they’re fine with your stats, you could get an acceptance within a few weeks.</p>

<p>So, your school has sent your transcript? If so, check next week to see if Bama has rec’d it.</p>

<p>Yeah, they have received the transcript and my SAT scores should be there on Monday. </p>

<p>Also, my school has an odd grading scale (100-94 is an A , 93-86 is a B, 85-77 is a C and below 76-70 is a D and below 70 is an F). It says this on my transcript, but will Bama recalculate my GPA or take this into account at all when considering my application?</p>

<p>Bama usually doesn’t recalculate, but since the scale is on the transcript they’ll see that.</p>

<p>Wow…your grading scale is harsh!! My kids went to Catholic schools, too, and 90-100 was an A for high school. K-8 had that harsh scale. </p>

<p>Anyway…Bama is aware that privates and Catholics sometimes have these harsh scales so you’re probably fine. :)</p>

<p>Bama will not recalculate your GPA, but should look at the strength of your schedule and that your grades continue to improve yearly. BTW, that’s not really an odd grading scale. Many of our Virginia high school use 69 and below as failing. When I attended school here, 74 and below was failing.</p>

<p>Ok, so I applied a week ago and Bama got my SAT scores on Friday. When I checked the application status, it does not say that I am accepted, but there is now a “student” tab on my mybama. Does this mean that I am accepted? Would they accept me that fast?</p>

<p>Edit: Also, there is more stuff on the other tabs, for example, a section called “Admitted Undergraduate Students”</p>

<p>Edit2: I can access a page that says this: "Welcome to the Undergraduate Freshman Enrollment Deposit Payment Page.</p>

<p>You have been admitted to the University of Alabama as a new Freshman - Congratulations! Your next step is to pay your fall tuition prepayment deposit. Please click the “Submit Deposit” button below to complete the payment process.</p>

<p>If you are paying by electronic check, you will need to provide the last four digits of your Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID), which is located in the upper right-hand corner of this page.</p>

<p>Please note: Your tuition prepayment deposit of $200 will be applied towards your Fall tuition"</p>

<p>Congrats! You’re in! </p>

<p>;) I told you so. ;)</p>

<p>Thank you! I am so excited!!!</p>

<p>Congratulations and Roll Tide!!</p>