What are my chances????????

<p>Hello everyone!
What are my chances with SAT 1970(cr-580 maths-780 writing-580)? I am an International student with GPA 3.5 and will be applying to TAMU for fall 2014 for CS.</p>

<p>What major are you applying for?</p>

<p>Rank? :o
Did you take a moderately difficult couseload?</p>

<p>@sworker-I’ll be applying for computer science or computer engineering
@hilo-my rank is in top quarter and i took a typical Indian courseload (Physics,chemistry,maths,English and computer science)</p>

<p>and my writing score is 610 not 580</p>

<p>Improve your CR to 600+ and your chances go way up. TAMU includes int’l students in automatic academic admit if you have CR + M = 1300 with at least 600 in each section AND you rank in top 25% of your class.</p>

<p>Your high math score will make you competitive. You should apply with your current scores and sign up for the nearest time to take the SAT again to improve your Critical Reading for academic admit.</p>

<p>I can’t take SAT again as I don’t have time to prepare for it. The next SAT is in October and I’ll have my mid year exams in 2nd half of September so there will be no time to prepare for SAT. Plus the course of competitive exams and the competition for top Indian institutes is pretty intense. So I don’t think I’ll have time to take SAT again.</p>

<p>What are my chances for review admit? Do I have a decent shot?</p>

<p>Yes, you have a decent shot. I am not sure you would need much prep time. You’ve taken the SAT once already, and all you need is 20 points.</p>

<p>Here are my ec (they are weak but hope they will help you in your suggestions/opinions)
-member of one of the top cricket club/academy for past 4 years. Was captain of Under-16 team there (coach of the club was former international player) and a member of under-19 team.
-represented school in various cricket events
-class captain
-taught students in a tribal government schools during my vacations and off days
-assisted the coach (in the club mentioned above) in training the junior cricketers during summer camps.
-collected donations for an NGO . They have awarded a certificate for that.</p>

<p>Also I have learned C++,JAVA,HTML,XML (I don’t know if it counts)</p>

<p>I’d say you have a good shot of being accepted.</p>

<p>Thank you Sworker, Cromette and JAMCAFE for your opinions.
Any other suggestions/opinions are welcome.</p>

<p>How competitive are scholarships that can provide OOS tuition waiver?
What stats are required for these scholarships?</p>

<p>Contact Texas A&M’s Scholarships Office.</p>

<p>Phone: (979) 845-3982
Fax: (979) 847-9061
<a href=“mailto:scholarships@tamu.edu”>scholarships@tamu.edu</a></p>