What are my chances?

<p>I just turned my application in yesterday and I'm wondering what my chances are acceptance into Petroleum Engineering.</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0 all throughout high school
ACT: 30 (Math 33, English 31, Science 27, Reading 29)
SAT: Not taken yet
Homeschooled/Concurrent Enrollment with local college (I'll have 42 credits by spring semester end)
+500 Volunteer Hours
Lots of Extra Curricular activites
Lots of leadership positions
Math League at local college</p>

<p>From what I've seen I'm automatically accepted through academic admission, but it says I may not get into the major of my choice. And will being a homeschooler affect anything?</p>

<p>That looks pretty good… </p>

<p>Don’t worry about not getting your major because you enter upper-level your sophomore year (so you’ll get to whatever engineering area as long as you have the good-enough freshman grades).</p>

<p>Apply early. You should be academic admit to General Engineering. Next year, if you do well, you will move to the track you want.</p>

<p>Does the “general engineering” thing apply to current freshman at tamu in the engineering program?</p>

<p>No, current students were accepted to specific departments. However, I have heard if you have a good GPA it is not impossilbe to transfer within the college of engineering.</p>