What are my chances?

I really really really type want to go to a&m university in texas… it’s acceptance rate is 69%. Problem is I currently have a GPA of 3.15. I’m leader of acapella club but I’m not sure if that’s good or not… Will I be able to get in if not what new sat score will help me get there? Do I still have a chance?

Whats your Class Rank, What are your SAT/ACT scores, what grade are you in? Can you give us some more information?

If you are applying to a less competitive major it shouldn’t be impossible. However, I wouldn’t expect much if you are looking at engineering, business or college of natural sciences. I could be wrong though.

Do not let the acceptance rate fool you… Most of the people admitted are in the top 10% of their class. And then the rest are academic admits. That’s makes up about 40-50% of the total acceptance rate. Then they admit about 2500 review admits. Engineering has about 20% acceptance rate overall and expect it to be lower as they are reviewing everybody next year. Also take into account Blinn Team and some Galveston Engineering acceptances.

If the rest are Academic admits does that mean that I have to do well on the New SAT/ACT to cover up the gpa and class rank?

The 69% rate is for all types of acceptances combined, conditional admits included ( if you’re thinking 69% go to TAMU college station full privileges, you are mistaken). The acceptance rate for non- auto admits is about 12% for admission to college station campus, full time. The skewed numbers are due to the very high percentage of auto admits ( top10% & academic) that apply here, plus 4000 Blinn team admits ( a significant number)… If you’re in the top 25% and score 30/ 1300 you would qualify as an academic admit. Guessing your GPA puts you below 1st quarter, so now your competition got very tough - it is holistic review so everything counts & you have to rise to the top to gain admission.

Thank you for your help