What are my chances?

I am currently a Junior in a texas High School, and want to know about my chances for a A&M Dwight Look.

PSAT 1460/1520 (Possible Semifinalist?)
SAT-Not out yet (out on 2/23)

Weighted GPA: 9th-3.76 10th-3.76 11th-4.23(Currently)
UW GPA: ~3.3
Class Rank 20.8%

Classes:

Middle School
GateWay ®
Algebra I (H)

Freshman Year
Geometry (H)
World Geography (H)
Spanish I ®
Intro to Engineering Design ®
Orchestra ®
English I (H)
Biology (1 sem H, 1 sem R)

Sophmore Year
Algebra II (H)
World History (H)
Spanish II (H)
Principles of Engineering Design ®
European History (AP)
English II (H)
Chemistry (H)

Junior Year
Pre-Cal (H)
US History (AP)
Computer Science A (AP)
Art History (AP)
English III (AP)
Psychology (AP)
Comparative Government (AP)
Physics (H)

Senior Year
WIP

EC’s
-NHS
-VP of Volunteering Organization
-Presidential Volunteer Service Award (Bronze)
-Taekwondo
-8-Ball
-Teen Court

What are my chances?

The best chance you have is auto admit with ACT of 30 with english and Math at least 26 or SAT (sorry I don’t know the numbers for this bc my son didn’t take sat). As a mother of a review admit, it has been really up in the air. He has unweighted GPA 3.96 with all honors courses many AP and 5 courses taken at a college nearby. He has 33ACT but he got 26 on math so no auto admit. And he’s homeschooled so no top 10% admit either. He’s a fencer, he’s done 4-H, in 3 honor societies, did Governors school and many volunteer hours. But we didn’t know if he got in until today! Waitbwas terrible! So, you do have a chance but the best way to go is to get auto admit SAT scores. Good luck!!!

So did he get in?

RMNiMiTZ - Your test scores will be crucial, of course, as it is a holistic review process for engineering. I would also recommend taking as much AP Calc and AP Physics as you can your senior year. Both my engineering students felt those higher level classes (and even exempting out of some college weed-out courses) helped set them up for a more successful freshman year.

If your SAT score is anything like your PSAT you should be fine.

What was your selection index for your PSAT and what state are you from? If you get nmsf I think your chances of getting into A&M are very good.

@RMNiMiTz yes! he did! phew!

@rosegeo

I got a 219 and last year my state (TX) was 220. So its possible.

219 makes it a definite possibility. A&M has a great deal for NMF so hopefully you will make it!