What are my chances?

Howdy!!! Thank you so much for creating this thread. I am very impatient and check my AIS probably 3 times a day! I will be willing to take BLINN Team if offered, but of course I would love to get straight in.
What are my chances?

Application Date: July 1st, 2017
GPA and Class Rank: 4.0, 94.4, 122/519 (24%)
ACT: Composite 25
SAT: 1200
College applied for: Liberal Arts
Major in that College: Telecommunications
ECs:
-SkillsUSA leadership organization Treasurer then President

• Cheerleading Caption (all 4 yrs)
  • Class Treasurer (all 4 yrs)
  • Radio/Television program at HS (all 4 yrs)
  • City of Friendswood Media Intern
  • FISD Videographer Intern
  • NHS, NEHS, NTHS
  • Community Service Chairmen in Cheer
    AP Classes: 3
    Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
    What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Considering I am applying for Telecommunications, I think it looks great that I’ve gone out of my way to pursue internships/ summer camps to excel in my desired field. (Broadcast Journalism)
    Some have told me Liberal Arts/ telecommunications is a much easier school/major to get into, and that a people apply to that school so they can get into A&M. Not sure if that is true, but hopefully the school sees I’m very passionate about what I️ want to pursue!
    In state/Out of State: In state
    Current Status on AIS: Has been in review for about 130 days!!! :frowning:

@YourCollegeMom

@whoop2022 I feel ya sista. The waiting is excruciating! I love the extras you have and agree it will show your passion for what you want to do. From what I understand and have been told countless times, the major doesn’t help or hurt you when you apply as a freshman, only transfer students. Admissions reviews every candidate before the major is looked at. However, this isn’t a perfect system and I can only assume that if you aren’t applying to an impacted major, then it does weigh in your favor!

Your stats are good but not great. Your ECs are excellent and hopefully your essays help you stand out as well. You have as good as shot as most holistic review candidates on this thread. Keep the faith and just know you did your best and there’s always a way to achieve your goals! Good luck and please keep us posted!!!

Hi @YourCollegeMom I am back again!

I haven’t gotten in yet, however, I am currently in College Station right now because… I’m taking my ACT here tomorrow!!
I tagged you on this thread so you can look at my stats again. I am asking for my chances again.

I have been taking practice ACT’s and keep scoring a 26/27.
Is that good enough for auto admin? Even Blinn Team? I would be happy to take Blinn Team, but I really want to know my chances because I got accepted into Baylor with a pretty good scholarship, and I really want to know where I am going. I want to go ahead and apply for housing at Baylor OR if I think I could get into TAMU or Blinn Team, put a down payment for an apartment (I hear they fill up fast)

Also… even if I do get a 26 or 27 tomorrow, do you think they will notice I am interested in going to TAMU since I drove here to take it?

Thank you soooo much!

Also, I have been taking college classes at my local community college (art appreciation and music appreciation) and sent TAMU my transcript. Don’t know how much those would make a difference…

@thelma @Shadowsych

@Thelma2

sorry @whoop2022 I just saw this. Increasing your ACT here at TAMU to a 26 or 27 will be great. I think it will definitely improve your chances. The only thing that would be considered not stellar is top 24%. BUT you’re still top quarter so that’s great. I can see why they are waiting on some but feel your stats will get you full admit or blinn with the 26 or 27 ACT. It’s just they are waiting til application deadline before admitting a lot of students. Hang in there and let us know how you did!!!

@whoop2022

You will get accepted into the main campus. Your SAT/ACT scores may be a bit low, but since you’re doing liberal arts it won’t be so competitive. You’re in the top 25%, which significantly boosts your chances to get accepted. You also did all 3 essays, which is a plus. You have pretty decent extracurricular activities, and some even relate to your major.

I wrote you a response yesterday from my phone but apparantly, didn’t press post! I hope it went well and you get that 27. @whoop2022!

You mentioned Auto Admit. (Academic Admit) For thatt, you have to have a 30 ACT with a minimum score of 27 in Math and English. You are in the top quarter, so if you can hit that 27 composite, based on the stats from the 2021 class, you have a good shot at Blinn Team if you don’t get full admit. That said, your whole file is taken into consideration, so there is no guarantee, but your chances improve.

Please do stay around on the forum and post back your decision. It really helps put the stats together for next year.

I am way, way behind on the stats for this year as I was away just after Thanksgiving and just now catching up.

@YourCollegeMom @Shadowsych @Thelma2 thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I got a 25 :frowning: (26 math & 27 English)
What hurt me is that if you take the ACT at A&M, you can’t write on the test at all. Pretty hard for the math and reading section!

@Whoop2022 That happened to my son as well. I put that out there on one response to be aware of this going in. I wish I would have gotten that info into your hands before yesterday. Hang in there! I still think your chances are good. Once January rolls around as TAMU knows how many they can accept, I bet we see so many from this forum get in! Enjoy your holidays!!!

I agree with CollegeMom @whoop2022 I know you’re disappointed that your score wasn’t what you hoped it would be, but don’t lose hope, because your score isn’t necessarily bad either.

Enjoy the holidays, as no decisions are going to come out between now just after New Year’s. I believe last year, January 6 was the first post of anybody receiving a decision. Then again, one must realize there are likely auto admits and academic admits in the delayed applications and A&M must save some room for them before decisions for the review admits can go out in bulk.

Crossing my fingers for you !

@Thelma2 @Shadowsych @YourCollegeMom

Howdy y’all. It’s been awhile!
I wanted to share my stats with you for future reference. I first want to say thank you so much for all you have done with this website. It has helped me SO much. My biggest piece of advice to classes below me is this website!

I wanted to be an Aggie more than anything in this world! (As you can see from above) However, God has a bigger plan.

January 31st I was accepted straight into UT’s Moody College of Communications!! I was SHOCKED because people with much much higher scores/ranks were getting CAPd or denied. I didn’t even want to go to UT (because i knew i would never get in) but when I did, I felt as if I couldn’t pass up that offer.

Tonight I checked under “Manage Applications” and it says GEST. Gateway is an honor and as much as I love A&M, I’m going with the orange and white!

Thank y’all again for being so helpful these past 7-8 months. I wish I could meet y’all and give you a hug. You will never know how much it meant to me!

Whoop! Thanks and Gig Em forever!

CONGRATS @whoop2022 UT is a great school and it is awesome you were admitted. I have quite a bit of family that bleeds burnt orange. It is all good. Thank you so much for reporting your decision. Yes, God does indeed have big plans for you.

@whoop2022 Nice man I’m also going to UT as the class of 2022, and my major is computer science. Hopefully I see you there.