What are my chances?

<p>Be prepared to fall in love with Seattle.</p>

<p>I think you're getting a lot of misleading information from other people on here. Madison is a great school, but it's not as selective as some are making it sound. Your schedule is fairly rigorous, more so than the majority of students that come here (many students from small town Wisconsin where the same classes aren't offered). Madison likes the fact that if you come you will be paying full tuition. I would focus on having a strong senior year with your grades, and to send in your application as soon as they come out, because students are admitted on a rolling basis so the selection process only gets more difficult as the year goes on. Madison pays a lot of attention the gpa because they have a lot of applications to go through and it's one of the better indicators of a students work ethic, which is important. </p>

<p>On a side note...Since when is U Florida a better or more difficult school to get into than Wake Forest, Madison or even Illinois. And since when is Penn St. on the same level as Madison and Wake Forest. I think those grouping of schools you were given are completely off basis.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reassurance...I am going to send in my app for UW as soon as I take the ACT to see if I can get a bit more of an edge with my test scores.</p>

<p>Do not wait for the ACT results, that will put you a month or more after the earlybird applicants, UW will look at your app and receive the test scores as soon as they are able to be sent- you will let them know to expect them somewhere on your app (not sure on this, but what you need to do will be there on the app, tell ACT where you want scores sent). For everyone- don't wait for all of your info when applying to colleges, they may wait for all of the required info from every source before reviewing your app but they certainly can do initial checking et al work on it and put it in the review pile as soon as others get their info in. You can then also check and make sure others do their part, eg your school's sending of info.</p>

<p>I'm going to throw this out for consideration since it happened to me this past year with UW admissions... when your counselor/teachers etc. tell you to send as much paperwork in one mailing, DO IT. UW was very, very, VERY slow to assemble all my information into one file.. I submitted the electronic application on September 16th and the majority of my paperwork (transcripts, recs etc.) was mailed by school beforehand, although not in one envelope. They did not get my file together until October 21st and I did not get a decision until the end of November - but then they let me in, so it was all good : ) But the morale of this tale that you should know that your application will not show up in your admission counselor's queue until your application is complete - be prepared to wait a bit.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks for all this advice. Should I send in my SAT scores ASAP? or just wait and see on the ACT...</p>

<p>sorry for the bump, could any one answer the question in my last post?</p>

<p>Send in the SAT's right away. Not saying it will happen, but just in case you do worse on the ACT than you did before, you'll have SAT's to back that up.</p>

<p>I made that mistake.</p>

<p>I did a lot better on the ACTs than i did on the SATs. And you look like you will get in to me</p>

<p>Thanks for all the advice guys. Madison has really been the most responsive forum I have written in so that already tells me a lot about the school. I am going to try to get everything in before the 15th and keep my fingers crossed!</p>